> Micro-chipping Prior To Dogs Victoria Registration Be Compulsory

SwaY

I used to do both, but now that I don't have my tattoo gun here, I just chip. Bottom line..permanent identification.....THAT is the important thing....BTW, we breed GSD's and don't have any issues with it as our last two litters have been chipped AND the owners got their papers when they took possession of their dogs....no drama.

I agree, why is it such a big deal for the GSD people? just get them chipped a week earlier and send off your papers after it's done.

They have "number pending" on entries for a reason.

You aren't allowed to do that. Your entry must be complete, although some show sec's will allow it.

In Vic we can enter babies with "Number Pending".

Yep we can enter babies number pending in Tas too, sorry maybe it's just those 2 states.

I've done it in both NSW and SA as well as Vic but make sure I provide the number before the pup goes in the ring for the first time

Edited by yarracully

Shaar is correct, in Tas when showing Baby Puppies, the number doesnt have to be provided - it can be shown number applied for (NAF) using the name that you have applied for that puppy. It is not until Minor that numbers are compulsory.

Justine