Owner Gives Dying Dog Cpr

k9angel

Opera singer Jessica Yeo has given her dog a kiss of life, literally.

The stunning Melbourne soprano performed an incredible mouth-to-snout resuscitation on her Australian bulldog Bella who had swallowed a bee and had stopped breathing.

"Her gums turned white, her tongue turned blue, her eyes rolled back in her head and she stopped breathing and then her heart stopped," Yeo is reported as saying by The Herald Sun.

Yeo's partner Eugene Bouchard had tried to initiate an early CPR but gave up and declared the dog dead.

But Yeo did not give up and immediately "shoved" her head deep into Bella's mouth, pumping powerful breaths into her windpipe.

" I knew I had to save her so I pulled her tongue free, checked her throat was clear and started breathing deeply down her throat," she says.

The singer continued to help the dog breathe as her partner drove them to the nearest vet.

"I could tell air was getting to her neck but not going past so I just kept breathing as deeply as I could, while holding her cheeks over mine to stop the air escaping," Yeo recalls.

Her effort did not go in vain and a few minutes of powerful pumping later, Bella started responding. "I suddenly heard a pop sound which probably the noise of her airways opening up".

After two hours under observation, Bella was discharged and is said to be recovering well. Yeo says she didn’t have to think twice to perform the life-saving act on her dog.

"She's our baby. She means the world to us, so we'd do anything to save her," Yeo says

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/natio...mouth-to-mouth/

How lovely. I saw them on one of the Current affairs programs too. :)

I have given 2 newborn pups CPR in the past with success and if I had to give one of my own dogs CPR, I would without hesitation.

What a lucky dog to have an owner who would go to those lenghts to save them :)

I did it on a newborn pup of ours 4 weeks ago and he is doing great now.

Its amazing what you can and will do if you have to.

Much to my other halfs horror i did the same...with a newborn cocker spaniel........she is almost 7 now...:p).

He was glad I did it after but was a little shocked at the time.

What a lucky dog to have an owner who would go to those lenghts to save them :(

I did it on a newborn pup of ours 4 weeks ago and he is doing great now.

Its amazing what you can and will do if you have to.

Much to my other halfs horror i did the same...with a newborn cocker spaniel........she is almost 7 now...:o).

He was glad I did it after but was a little shocked at the time.

Oh and by the way I did it on a lady once to.....broke all her ribs but she lived to tell me several weeks later..."You know they said I was dead"......I know i said..hehehehe