Best Promotion Of Purebred Dogs

Souff

But why was it important that the dog was a mongrel because it was poorly put together?

Because a comment was made that most members of the public wouldnt know the difference between good conformation and bad. I gave an example of non doggy people who noticed and pointed it out to me. We then had a discussion about buying a well bred dog from a reputable breeder. I'm not sure why you're being sensitive about it.

I understood the original post differently to what you just said :)

Anyway, will be promo-ing pure breeds this week, bringing my baby girl into work at some point. Everyone has oo'd and ahh'd at the pictures and been told that it's a pure breed so will be interesting to see the result of seeing the real thing :)

She will also be traveling in on the train and home again with probably a market walk during lunchtime :love:

For those who have 'plain' or common dogs, what about practicing your obedience skills or tricks on walks? An obedient or clever dog always turns heads, especially with breeds who have a 'reputation' of being nasty, it could be a great opportunity to engage in conversation with someone.

Any pure breed doing tricks is good PR anyway or just basic obedience- it also gives you the opportunity to let them know buying from known lines will mean stable temperament and buying from a reputable breeder means they will match the pup to you as well as having given the pups lots of mental stimulation and preparing it well for life as a pet :)

Agree with you here as well, It is very hard for someone to say that a dog is nasty and vicious when it is playing dead, bowing, and saying it's prayers. I had many people who disliked Dobermann's converted after they had know my girl for a little while. She was very well trained but also had a large repatoir of tricks and she loved performing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess so, just doesn't make sense to me. It would be like going into the Dobermann thread and complaining that they're talking about Dobes and not Poodles.

Now I'm tempted to do that ... :(

:thumbsup: ... please don't give me any ideas!