What Sort Of Dog Is This?

parrotpea

Eta it is a little small but the dog can still stand and turn around. Wouldn't use it for a long trip but I've seen much worse.

My understanding is that the dogs should be able to stand up straight in a crate, not just be hunched down to fit in there. I too have seen the "worse" but that doesn't help the dogs and doesn't help people to learn how to do things better.

Rescue places have to do the right thing for the dogs, just like the rest of us.

If the dog cannot stand up straight in that crate, then a taller crate is needed, or the dog gets harnessed into the vehicle.

That is what is required by law and it is better for the dogs.

Souff

Eta it is a little small but the dog can still stand and turn around. Wouldn't use it for a long trip but I've seen much worse.

My understanding is that the dogs should be able to stand up straight in a crate, not just be hunched down to fit in there. I too have seen the "worse" but that doesn't help the dogs and doesn't help people to learn how to do things better.

Rescue places have to do the right thing for the dogs, just like the rest of us.

If the dog cannot stand up straight in that crate, then a taller crate is needed, or the dog gets harnessed into the vehicle.

That is what is required by law and it is better for the dogs.

Souff

The dog just looks upset to me, and has her head lowered because of it, there is space for her to sit up taller. I don't think there are strict rules for car travel as long as the dog is restrained and within reason, but it's airline travel which has the strict requirements. I'll double check the legislation if I get time today. I'd rather see a dog in a good crate slightly too small than in a harness of cheap quality or one that is ill-fitting. But will check the legal requirements :rofl:

look closely at the legs and coat on the body plus the chest markings - it's a rottie or dobe x GSD

It's my pet hate when shelters are 'doing' the right thing by a dog - if you cant get the breed right, sometimes even bloody close, how do you have a chance of getting it to the right home? Or handling breeds you know nothing about then saying you know what is best for them ...

$400 is a bit steep for a dog that has had no heartworm too considering the area

154581_467124787747_93027212747_5521214_2510230_n.jpg

Edited by Nekhbet

Guest belgian.blue
there's little to no belgian in that at all

I agree, no Belgian Shepherd in her at all. The head is far too chunky.

They can't even spell Belgian correctly.

GSD x, i see no Belgian at all. Oh and the crate looks fine to me, looks like plenty of room to move around but that could just be the photo.

Some of the rescues i see listed are way off what they are listed as :thumbsup:. It sure does not help with finding them the right homes.