Vets All Natural

Enigma

I feed my BC on VAN & have done now for over a year. I add meat, or sardines to it & she also gets a meaty bone each day.. I find she does well on it...has a nice shiny coat & good teeth etc. Her stools are probably a little loose, but if I microwave it for less than a minute, after I have added the water, her poos firm up. but not sure if maybe I am killing off something in the VAN's which would otherwise have been beneficial. I also give her supplements like Livamol, & Joint formula & fish oil. I am thinking that when this bag finishes, I might try Phuds instead, or even go to Black Hawk kibble + meat, just for a change. But, yes, I am happy with it.

I have used it with my previous girl with good results and also have recommended it to people who have reported good/excellent results. I have used it with my current boy but he has complicated issues and after 7 months of doing reasonably well on it, will no longer eat it. But don't blame the product for that, as my boy will no longer eat many different foods, raw holisitic or otherwise.

I used to but found that those with allergies to grain did not do well on it.

Now if I want to add things to the BARF I just add rolled oats plus a variety of things like sardines, eggs, yoghurt, veges etc.

Also Big Dog does a Mueslii that is quite good too.

VAN was OK but very expensive for what you get and has varying results, some not good at all, dependant on the dog.

VAN was OK but very expensive for what you get ...

I found differently - quite cheap actually (at least the Complete Mix was - the pre-mixed stuff was considerably more pricey). I needed to feed only about 1/3rd of what the feeding guide suggested and many others found the same (otherwise their dogs just got too fat). Way back then it used to cost me about $120 for a honey bucket full (to the brim) but it used to last me about 6 months. Even if it was double the price now, it would equate to about $10 - $15 per week, plus the raw meat, for a pretty decent diet. That's really cheap by my standards, but then I now have a dog with problematic issues and I'm used to my feeding expenses being around the $100 per week mark. My dog back then was a Ridgeback too.

I fed it once to the three dogs here. Two of them ate it and no problems. The other dog who itches all the time nearly went crazy scratched all night so there is something there that he is allergic to. I havent used it since but would consider starting a puppy on it (thats if I ever get another one).