Retrieving & Field Training Talk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done LL with all of the pups. RW is certainly doing well with his I see. Glad to see you are getting out to trials again with the dogs. How is "long suffering husband" ?

Do you think you will be up to coming over for the Nationals this year ? Sounds like heaps of people are planning the trip over. Might see you in October, we are taking a month holiday over your way.

RW is good, isn't he!!! A real dog man.

I will you send a PM or email.

Just want to let off a little steam :mad I know I've already mentioned it but I am so mad/upset with DogsWest about their lazy attitude towards registering Associate Gundogs.

Entries for WA's first RATG close tomorrow, and I am devastated I can't enter Millie :(

Does anyone in WA know who I could forward complaints to about this? The schedule says Associate Dogs are eligible (though it is NOT the clubs fault, let me stress that point that I am NOT finger pointing the lovely club hosting this for us!!) It is DogsWest that haven't gotten their act together and the lovely club has been enquiring on my behalf to get this moving. Unfortunately, DogsWest are being their usual selves and we still have no answer.

First world problems and all.... but grrrrr!!!!!!! banghead.gif

I did ask the club if there is any way they can let us enter, even non-officially, but my guess is they can't. I'll wait and see.

Plus I emailed DogsWest last night (I am no good on the phone, and can word myself so much better in writing), pleading with them for a way for me to enter.

Think I'm wasting my "breath", though :rolleyes:

I did ask the club if there is any way they can let us enter, even non-officially, but my guess is they can't. I'll wait and see.

Plus I emailed DogsWest last night (I am no good on the phone, and can word myself so much better in writing), pleading with them for a way for me to enter.

Especially since entries close today...

Address your email to Steve Warry, RS, and put your grievances to him. It isn't your fault that you are unable to compete and it is unfair that you miss out because of slackness on their part.

I'd be blunt & say they have had plenty of time to get their act together. Did you have to apply to CAWA for Millie to be assessed ? I would imagine the owner would have to approach them to get their dog photographed and assessed.

Especially since entries close today...

Which is why something should have been finalised by now.

Yup it should have but just saying time has now run out for this one, hold thumbs they can get their acts together before the entries close for the one on 22 April.

Address your email to Steve Warry, RS, and put your grievances to him. It isn't your fault that you are unable to compete and it is unfair that you miss out because of slackness on their part.

I'd be blunt & say they have had plenty of time to get their act together. Did you have to apply to CAWA for Millie to be assessed ? I would imagine the owner would have to approach them to get their dog photographed and assessed.

I have had a few judges enquire to DogsWest on behalf of Associate Gundogs (not sure if it's just me being difficult or there are others wanting to compete too), and they heard back the same as I did on here. That being, that we need to supply a couple of photographs to them with an application form and it will be forwarded to whatever working party they need to for assessment. The trouble is, they haven't got that form ready, and they haven't finalised details of who exactly to send it all to. So nobody over here can formally assess Millie to be a gundog and tick some box on her DogsWest record to make her eligible. It's nuts. Oh and I bet once it is finally all organized, DogsWest will hit me up with a fee for their "service" to do this :rolleyes:

Would be nice if the clubs can just take entries from Associates in the meantime, though I know that is probably borderline impossible because it isn't official. Sigh!! It's not that I expect we'll pass or anything, but I'd like to get out there and just give it a shot with her. She loves to retrieve and it is denying her of that love! We still have water deliveries to get right.

I have entered Ruby because I want to be a part of the first RATG over here. She needs more work on water deliveries, too :olaugh.gif We'll just get out there, have some fun and see how we go :)

Edited by RubyStar

Great news in my inbox! The club has decided to allow Associates to still submit entries up until next Monday in case DogsWest get their act together in the meantime. If they don't, we can still run them as NFC. That part is a bummer because by rights DogsWest should be making sure her run counts, BUT, I am very thankful to the club for even allowing this :)

Fingers crossed DW pull their finger out in the next 6 days :crossfingers:

Edited by RubyStar

Maybe would have been better to actually go into the office, bit hard not to give you some sort of reply when your standing there.

Edited by Livertreats

Maybe would have been better to actually go into the office, bit hard not to give you some sort of reply when your standing there.

Good point

:cheer: We're making some nice progress! I have just received the forms to fill out to transfer Millie to the Associate Gundog register. I must accompany the form with 2 photographs (which are ready to go), aaaaand, 32 bucks for the trouble.

I have to hand back her original Associate papers as new papers will be issued. I wonder if that means I have the opportunity for a name change? :laugh: If spaces are allowed on this register (which I'm not sure about... sporting dog registers can confused.gif) shall I change Milliemoo to Millie Moo? And yes, she will be staying with the Moo portion, cos she's my crazy moo laugh.gif

Kudos to the Retrieving Club of WA, wonderful bunch they are!! thanks.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked emails and have been given the great news that Millie's associate gundog application has been approved and she's now eligible to compete in the RATG!! :D

Edited by RubyStar