Advertised On Redlands Freecycle---disgusting Attitude! Poor Dogs

Boronia

Pewithers... I didn't suggest to Cath that she contact the people she bought/got/ them from as I reckon that they may have been glad to see the back of them.

My idea is that it could be an opportunity to raise Cath's awareness of what is a more than too often common occurrence.

No doubt, the person/people she got them from haven't got a clue.

You've done well Boronia.

I have sent her a link to NSW Husky rescue...perhaps they can point her in the right direction and suggest a solution to re-homing that doesn't involve being conned by unscrupulous byb's or puppy factories.

Can anyone here suggest a rescue-type-solution that I can pass onto her?

Boronia, Best Friends Rescue cover SEQ and have rehomed numerous huskies and mals - [email protected] is the email addy re surrendering dogs. They will also give advice about rehomng.

:banghead:

I have very little problem with this ad. In fact, I find it refreshingly honest.

I have seen too many dogs in unsuitable homes and many were simply a recipe for a disaster often because people either didnt listen properly or thought that they could overcome some of the difficulties that might face them.

Cath wants these dogs to go to people who know what the dogs are capable of and understand the dogs needs.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that something has not worked out for you. I find it refreshingly honest.

De-sexing needs to be done. Apart from that, I honestly wish there were more advertisers like Cath who put some realism into their advertisements and did not allow dogs to go to people who would be getting rid of the dog in just a few months for the same reasons that Cath has found.

Dogs in unsuitable homes end up in pounds.

The dumpage rate might be lower if more people told the truth about what happens when dogs are in the wrong place.

Souff

I agree with Souff.

Some people even with doing their homework find the reality of living with some dogs just to difficult.

At least they are doing the right thing and trying to inform people that may be interested.

The ad is not really painting the dogs in a good light. The only potential plus I can see (for bybers, puppy farmers etc) is that the dogs are not desexed and of breeding age.

Otherwise, they sound like nightmare dogs- destroyed the backyard, don't ;like small animals, escape artists, iffy with kids....

I also think it is a bit rich of her to state that you really need to know what you're in for etc, when clearly she didn't. However, at least she is being honest.

Better to be honest than to find them homes with people who don't realise the reality of Huskys. At least they may have the next home longer than 8 weeks