Nursing Bitch Off Food

Leema

my girl had a c-section on thursday night. She is on mainly fluids still as that is what she wants. Puppy milk with a raw egg & water mixed through usually goes down a treat.

She has also had scrambled eggs and canned puppy (yuk!)

Basically all they want in those first few days is food they can lap or basically inhale. Very important what ever you feed for next few days has a high water/fluid content. In a week or so she might want to try something that takes a little more effort to eat. But my kids don't want to touch dry until the pups are around 4-5 weeks old.

One of my girls is very fussy after whelping. I find the best thing for her is scrambled egg with roast chicken added. My favourite too so we get to share :D

If all else fails, I tip the food out in the whelping box, and the bitch will usually clean it up, sneaky but it works. Mine seem to get their appetite back after a few days.

I also make milk shakes with Divetelact, yoghurt, egg and cottage cheese.

Good luck with the babies :)

Rhonda

One of my girls is very fussy after whelping. I find the best thing for her is scrambled egg with roast chicken added. My favourite too so we get to share :D

The bonus to this is, if they see you eating it they will want some! This is the way it works in my house anyway.