Illegal For Dogs To Wee On Nature Strip Now?

ChocoLabs Dad

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not fussed if anyone lets their dog pee on the strip outside my place. My dogs LOVE smelling who has been to visit.

I agree pee is okay but poo is another matter mainy because someone around here doesn't pick it up and that really annoys me. My neighbour doesn't have a dog and if I see some little (it is usually only little dog poo) dogs poo on her lawn on my daily pick up at home I nip over and pick it up for her, she keeps a very nice garden and is a very good neighbour.

Maybe I would worry about it more if people in my neighbourhood didn't smash glass and leave it everywhere or leave beer bottles and rubbish all over the park. I spend half the time cleaning when I take pup for a walk, so if she wants to go on a nature strip she can..#1 I mean.

Thanks for the tips on teaching on command, will give it a go.

I am not fussed if anyone lets their dog pee on the strip outside my place. My dogs LOVE smelling who has been to visit.

both my dogs know the 'toilet' command and when we're out walking, i would not and could not in good conscience disallow and prevent them from reading and responding to the numerous notice boards that we come across --- i don't prevent either of my dogs doing what comes naturally to them because it IS what comes naturally to them. this activity also help their mental exercise and i won't stand in defiance of that...

i'm fairly well known in my neighbourhood and my neighbours know that i take good care when walking my dogs --- no-one has EVER taken offence...

i do not believe there could possibly be a defence for someone defying a dog to mark a grassy area --- imho it's against nature...

Dunno how well you know your neighbour or how much you want to keep the peace with them but I'd probably be straight up and say that he didn't need to invent a fictitious law if he didn't want your dogs go to the toilet on the nature strip outside his house - he should have just asked.....

Yes, seconded!, I would love to be more of a responsible pet owner and have my dogs toilet in the yard prior to going out on their walks and runs. Especially prior to their runs- I need to get fit! And partly because we compost or bury their poo - I hate dumping it in bins. Their toilet times are presently very unpredictable.

I'd be interested in hearing your method for this.

Maybe you could start another thread just for it.

as any dog owner knows, you can't MAKE a dog go to the toilet anywhere.

actually you can :laugh:

It's just a matter of training them to go ON COMMAND .. and then,when walking, there is no peeing or pooing except where YOU want them to go .

I trained many many dogs to do this, when doing Guide dog training ...as a lot of guide dogs go to work ..and at pee breaks , there is often only a small area in which toileting is possible/permitted.

Must admit- seeing dogs peeing everywhere when walking is a pet hate of mine :thumbsup:

Edited by Ms Genki

I don't try to regulate my dogs peeing habits. Apart from anything else they are dallies and prone to developing stones in their urine - it's important they are allowed to pee as often as they like. One of them is a known stone former so I would NEVER stop him peeing. If he's peeing somewhere inappropriate I will move him quickly to an okay spot - but that's about it. I certainly wouldn't tell him to stop.

I don't let my dogs walk on people's lawns/gardens EVER so that's never a problem but nature strips are fair game - or any other random patches of weeds/grass. Mind you nature strips where I live are not manicured and coveted by anyone. They are just bits of neglected council land between the homeowners land and the road that the council mows occassionally.

If they poop when we're out walking I pick it up, no matter where it is. Pretty simple.

They are dogs. I don't impose my human stuff on everything they do.

Peeing in the gutter? I would consider that worse than peeing on someone's lawn. We have notices all over our gutters asking people NOT to put litter etc in the gutters because it flows to the river (where platypi and other creatures dwell) and ends up being our drinking water. I'm sure doggy urine would also be a bit frowned on.