Vebopet Show Trolleys

GoldenWei

I'm looking at getting a show trolley, but at the moment can't justify spending over $500 on one. I'd dearly love a well constructed second hand one in excellent condition, but they never come up lol. Vebopet has them on sale for $290. BUT are they any good? I don't want to get one if it falls apart with the first few uses, but because we now have a second show dog, we really need one and I don't think I can put it off for too much longer.... so... if there is anyone who has one, could you please tell me if it's worth it or should I save up for an OKS (or similar) one?

This is what I am looking at getting:

http://vebopet.rtrk.com.au/?scid=44213&amp...r_id=4587819106

We have one of the expensive ones and it is worth its weight in gold - don't know what I did without it now :). This one looks like it is not actually very big - not sure on measurements for your breed though. Also it has no brakes - a must if you a leaving a dog in a trolley. Apart from that looks ok - who knows the quality until you get your hands on it.

I had one, they are ok. Relatively sturdy. Not as nice as an OKS but then, not as expensive either!

The only problem I had with mine is that it was taller than a standard trolley, so it was heavier and trickier to get in/out of my car.

Edited by Miss B

I bought their largest crate. Very well made and solid as a rock. A little heavy though. I should have got a smaller size as I could put a saint bernard in it :)

So by that count I think their trolleys (if made of same materials) would be good.

I got one. A four berth. Had it for about six years and very happy with it. We also have another trolley (about 4 year old) but its no where near as strong as the older one. We usually load all our dogs in one and all our gear in the older one to get to the rings and its been great. Would not hesitate to get another one. Only issue is mine doesn't have a bracket for an umbrella on it.

Edited by yarracully

Thanks for the replies. Still not sure what to do.

Thanks Shell.... I may have to go and have a look. The crate would need to fit a golden or a wei. The wei is fairly small though. I'm not very tall so if it's quite tall I may have trouble trying to use it as a grooming table, which I did want to do as well.

I got one. Had it for about six years and very happy with it. We also have another trolley (about 4 year old) but its no where near as strong as the older one. We usually load all our dogs in one and all our gear in the older one to get to the rings and its been great. Would not hesitate to get another one. Only issue is mine doesn't have a bracket for an umbrella on it.

Is your newer one from vebo as well or from somewhere else?

I got one. Had it for about six years and very happy with it. We also have another trolley (about 4 year old) but its no where near as strong as the older one. We usually load all our dogs in one and all our gear in the older one to get to the rings and its been great. Would not hesitate to get another one. Only issue is mine doesn't have a bracket for an umbrella on it.

Is your newer one from vebo as well or from somewhere else?

Nah newer one is from somewhere else and we have already had it collapse at Cohuna/Kerang show last year because the car park area was soft sand and the wheels just folded in under it. The newer one is made of really thin wall material. Its almost like tissue paper. The older one the tubing walls would be easy 3 times thicker and the most I have ever done to it is hose it down with a pressure cleaner every two or three shows. Other than that it sits on the front of the trailer ready for the next show.

The older one, (don't know if it came from Vebo but looks exactly the same, we bought it through the SACA Dog shop) has never caused a problem.

When we first got it we had to pack it in the boot of the car to go away for a four show weekend then a one week holiday prior to a breed specialty. It fitted in no problem. The newer one which is a few inches taller I am not so happy with. I had to make up a rack on the front of the trailer to carry it. Actually now that you have pointed out where I can get them I am seriously thinking of buying another one.

Especially at that price. I paid nearly $550.00 for mine. But no doubt thats with the dog shop putting their bit on it at the time.

I am more than happy with mine. When I first got it I put some small strips of Aluminium on it to hold water bowls and cooling fans.

My 5 year old great nephew also likes it. He thinks its great fun getting in with the dogs at shows or sitting on top while we go around to the rings to show. With the older one I don't mind him riding on top of it. But the newer one I won't let him as its just not strong enough.

If I go to a show with only four or five dogs I use the older trolley every time. The newer one only gets used when I have more dogs to show.

You might find those doors in the two door version a bit narrow for an adult Goldie. I have an OKS trolley from Martin, I know it's a bit more expensive, but I am VERY happy with it. Also only weighs 13.5kg, so easy to lift in and out of the car, fits a rather large Dally easily.

Also have a couple of Vebo crates, yes they are very sturdy, but I have had a problem collapsing them.

That could just be me though! :laugh:

With my Vebo ones the doors need to be 'unlocked' in order for them to close with ease. I think there is too much tension with the the slidey things locked shut for the crates to fold properly. I just unslide the thingos but still leave the door closed. Hope this helps :laugh:

My Vebo trolley just has the slide lock. I have never had any trouble with it. The only drawback would be that it is slightly taller than a normal trolley but as it sits on the front of my trailer, it's not a big issue.

I also have their 14 panel Kennel Run as well and have never had any trouble with it.

Well I got one, for the price I am happy with it. I see what you mean about the brakes though. It's a little high, but I can lift Willow up and groom her on it so I think it'll be fine. Not sure how we'll go with Ceasar once he is fully grown though, I could probably help him on, but he'd have to be lying down on it for me to groom him properly I think.

Willow and Ceasar get in it fine, Phoenix doesn't like it, we may have to work on that!

Arrived in two days... got to be happy with that!!!