Working Border Collies

Guest bigdogg

Guest bigdogg

Another quick question

Im not having much luck with google

Where is the WBC website?

Or where can i find out more info / pictures about these working lines?

Can't help with this AWBC registry as I have never heard of it until I read about it here, but if you are in Queensland a good place to start might be Queensland Working Sheepdog Asssociation which you can find here :

If you wanted more information about particular lines you could most likely find someone there to help you.

There are also links to the other state's equivalents on the site if the parents are from interstate lines or if I assumed the Qld thing wrong :thumbsup:

The WA site has some really good information on it and is worth a read at least.

Edited by kelpiechick

Another quick question

Im not having much luck with google

Where is the WBC website?

Or where can i find out more info / pictures about these working lines?

If you mean AWBC, I already said but will past it again here.

AWBC web site is down right now being rebuilt.

Anyone wanting to reach them for information can reach them at

02 6543 7885

or

AWBC <[email protected]>

The best place to find about the dogs in the pedigree of your pup is to ask the breeder.

There is no web site where you can look them up. You can put their names in goggle and see if anything comes up.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this thread quite by accident as i dont usually look past urgent rescues. I am familiar with many of the working BC lines and have good contacts with more knowledge of individual dogs than I. With Crowsdale in there I am guessing you are in Qld. Ids you pup from a 3-sheep or cattle person. Many of these dogs in Qld are renowed "cattle" dogs too. I have a trial dog (3-sheep) out of a very talented Crowsdale daughter (from Qld).

If you send me the pedigree via PM i can tell you more about the lines.

cheers

Im getting a BC pup in the new year..

Old mate has just sent me the family tree..

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any of the names and if they were any good?

Jupa Boss. Crowsdale Slice - goes back to Princes, Carlisle, Dee Oss, Rosedale, Lex(NZ), Rooyon, Gardiners, Sevils, wondara, Sorego, Roma, Rojon, Seviles, Gibberagee, Crowsdale, williams, Mcaallums, woodvale,

the list goes on..

Any info would be great

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bigdogg

Been offline for a while with Yasi and no power..

Im flat out reading the pedigrees..

Ill just do the first 3 generations.. Hope you can follow it.. Spelling could be way off too - just looking at blur for some of them.

Bitch: Missy

SIRE: Royce. (Gibberagee Rip / Crowsdale Cassie) ~ gibberagee Gib/gibberagee Flirt ~ Kip QCDC074 / Greenwoods Caddy QCDOC84

DAM: Hainut Bree (Kip QCDC074 / Rojon Beckey) ~ nap/nel ~ Sevilles Bill / Alphadale Treasure

Dog: Littles Bozo

SIRE: Jupa Boss (Princes Dubbo / Carlisle Flute) ~ Rosedale Turbo / Princes Sally ~ Princes Wally / Lex (NZ)

DAM: Crowdale Slice (Princes Turbo / Dee Oss Jess) ~ Rosedale Turbo / Princes Anna ~ Rojon Tiny / Gardners Tanya

Pup is not here yet - hopefully not too much longer..

• 4 months later...
Those names, are they kennel prefixes, or just dogs' names ?

They are working BC prefixes. Princes is Greg Ptrince who is one of Australia's best 3 sheep triallers. I know of a lot of the others as well.

Are the parents Juppa Boss and Crowesdale Slice?

On one side yes..

Littles Bozo but owned by Mathesons i think..

Slice is by a Princes Turbo 2004 QLD open CH

The later names are more about the bitch.. Tri coloured BC.. Missy

Doesnt have any bred by info (name of breeder) Her father is Royce (no prefix) Mother is Hainauit? Bree.. both dogs have heritage to 99/2000 QWCDTA Nov/Open of year. Kip 218586

I have never followed BC lines before.. So these are all just names to me..

This pup will become a working dog too.. Predominantly bos indicus cattle and I will be getting a couple of sheep for some intensive work as well.

The fella that owns the bitch paid nearly $4000 for her i think.

again - any info would be great..

how did you go with your pup? i know of this breeding would be good to hear how the pup is going

Thanks for bringing this post back up, at the time it was up last I had said the AWBC Australian Working Border Collie registry web site would be up soon.

Well here it is, warts and all. Be patient as we put up a page and then take it down to improve it (I think 2 are down today, well one day it will really be done...LOL

AWBC Australian Working Border Collie

Edited by shortstep

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigdogg

"apparently" the bitch aborted the pups? Little bit suss to me.. Anyway thats another story..

She has had another litter and the pup is getting picked up in a few weeks to come up here.. I think there is a second pup available and pretty sure it will be coming up here with my pup. Its going to be advertised on workingdogz.com.au - pretty sure old mate wants $600.. Ill have to check though..

Those names, are they kennel prefixes, or just dogs' names ?

They are working BC prefixes. Princes is Greg Ptrince who is one of Australia's best 3 sheep triallers. I know of a lot of the others as well.

Are the parents Juppa Boss and Crowesdale Slice?

On one side yes..

Littles Bozo but owned by Mathesons i think..

Slice is by a Princes Turbo 2004 QLD open CH

The later names are more about the bitch.. Tri coloured BC.. Missy

Doesnt have any bred by info (name of breeder) Her father is Royce (no prefix) Mother is Hainauit? Bree.. both dogs have heritage to 99/2000 QWCDTA Nov/Open of year. Kip 218586

I have never followed BC lines before.. So these are all just names to me..

This pup will become a working dog too.. Predominantly bos indicus cattle and I will be getting a couple of sheep for some intensive work as well.

The fella that owns the bitch paid nearly $4000 for her i think.

again - any info would be great..

how did you go with your pup? i know of this breeding would be good to hear how the pup is going

• 11 years later...