Endurance Test 2011 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh just checked the email addy but nothing, we have the vet appt booked for Friday so hopefully l can get her to email it to me. Such a lovely day today just done 10km with Hamish, but geez l hate living at the top of a hill the ride home kills me.

I got my vet check sorted out, and apparently the vet is the guy who generally does the checks during the ET. He said you don't generally need one as they check your dog prior to starting. That being said, he isn't doing the one on Saturday so he wrote a note saying Pippa was of sound health for the ET. I imagine he knows what he's talking about :p That being, I assume this only applies to WA ETs.

Oh just checked the email addy but nothing, we have the vet appt booked for Friday so hopefully l can get her to email it to me. Such a lovely day today just done 10km with Hamish, but geez l hate living at the top of a hill the ride home kills me.

OH I hear you - I also live on a hill, yep some of it is down, but the last bit is the longest sharpest bit up in my 8km loop. I have been told the place where ours is being held is quite flat - I am looking forward to it :)

I got my vet check sorted out, and apparently the vet is the guy who generally does the checks during the ET. He said you don't generally need one as they check your dog prior to starting. That being said, he isn't doing the one on Saturday so he wrote a note saying Pippa was of sound health for the ET. I imagine he knows what he's talking about :p That being, I assume this only applies to WA ETs.

Hmmm the rules say you must have a certificate from a vet that has been done in the 14 days prior so I would assume that does not include the vet check before they start??

Good luck OSO i will be at canine showing lol. without me having to go through my cnaine guides where is the wa et being held?

sat is supposed to be cold and cloudy i reckon rain would of dispersed by then if the sun here today between the showers was anything to go by

Hey Emery, the ET is being held at the GSDA WA grounds on Passmore St just around the corner from the Canine grounds. Hopefully the weather is cool but not raining - all fingers and paws crossed :)

Hopefully we can log in on Monday night with some good news - may not have access until then :)

Guest CaptainCourageous

VET CERTIFICATE

EXHIBIT NUMBER HOLDER (I forgot mine :dunce: )

WATER FOR YOUR DOG

WATER BOWL FOR YOUR DOG

POWERADE/GATORAIDE FOR YOU

SPARE LEAD

SPARE COLLAR

LECTATDE FOR DOG (IF YOU USE IT)

TYRE PUMP

SPARE BIKE

HELMET

GLOVES

PADDED BIKE SHORTS *lol*

BLANKET FOR YOUR DOG TO LAY ON (IF YOU WANT TO)

LOTS OF ENTHUSIASM

SOMEONE TO HELP YOU

CAMERA

FOLDING CHAIR

Someone to help you can be a double edged sword if it distracts the dog.

Guest CaptainCourageous

Did a dress rehersal at Cherry Lake yesterday afternoon. Can't believe it's been six years since I last trialed there. Not much has changed - some new gravel near the skateboard area at the east end, but not much else.

CC

Guest CaptainCourageous

When l spoke to the Sec for the Vic one she said if you get a phone call there was a ballot and you missed out, if no call then wait for the vet form in the mail.

No-one has called - hope that's good news. Cheque not cashed yet.

CC

Guest CaptainCourageous

When l spoke to the Sec for the Vic one she said if you get a phone call there was a ballot and you missed out, if no call then wait for the vet form in the mail.

No-one has called - hope that's good news. Cheque not cashed yet.

CC

I called the Secretary - we're in :)

CC

CC

I called the Secretary - we're in :)

CC

Hi CC,

Everyone is in at Altona for the GSDCV. The club has put on another judge to handle the excess entries. They did not want to disappoint any competitors.

See you there!

M

We're kind of pumped for Saturday, but not looking forward to the weather :p If it doesn't rain, it's going to be freaking cold!

I'm a bit out of sorts with my running, so I'll have the bike there just in case! The pace is a lot slower than I'd usually run, so I should be fine. Pippa is fine running with either. She'll gun it :D

That being said, I'm already looking forward to a beer afterwards :p

Hey Emery, the ET is being held at the GSDA WA grounds on Passmore St just around the corner from the Canine grounds. Hopefully the weather is cool but not raining - all fingers and paws crossed :)

Hopefully we can log in on Monday night with some good news - may not have access until then :)

Good luck will try pop along and watch depending how the showing goes :D