Endurance Test 2011 Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh crap. We need a vet certificate?? Not sure how I missed that :p Better sort that out quick snap! We're due for a very wet week in Perth, so hopefully it clears before Saturday. I don't mind running in the rain, but I don't think Pippa would like it much :p We did 6kms on the bike on Saturday with no dramas at all, so if I can't handle the whole 20kms by foot, I can swap over to my bike for the last leg :D

NME please do not tell me it is going to rain :) no no no!!!

Um yes you need a check up certificate done by a vet in the two weeks preceeding the trial. It is around page 6 I think in the ET rules etc as to what needs to be included - we have ours on Tuesday :) I will see if I can find it for you.

There is now way on earth I would get thorugh any section of the ET running so definately bike for me all the way!

Here it is :)

A veterinary certificate, issued within fourteen (14) days immediately prior to the date of the test,

must be submitted, for each dog on the day. It shall cover such things as the general fitness,

temperature, standing heart rate, condition of the pads and muscle tone of the dog. (For bitches

the certificate is to state also that the bitch is not in whelp).

It has sunk in there is less than a week, so I have started making lists of what I need to take with me.

I also remembered I hadn't made Lewis's adjustable non-slip collar, so made that tonight as well. One thing off my list :)

We have a trial on the Sunday as well so I am hoping we are not too tired.

So many things to remember to pack!

Shame that you will miss the double header agility trial, though!!

Lovely day here today, so the dogs and I went out for another ride. A bit over 12 km in all - but quite a bit of stop start - lot of people on the path cos it was such a nice day. Did just under 6 with both dogs, then put 9 year old Kirra (agility girl) back in the car for a snooze, and did another 6 or so with Rory - a bit faster. He did really well - but I wish I could find some other people with dogs to ride with so he could get used to that.

Ok for anybody who thinks of doing an ET in Vic Sale is still taking entries they have only have 2 entries so far :( they do need some more people Found this out today when a anouncement was made at the Morwell trials

Ok for anybody who thinks of doing an ET in Vic Sale is still taking entries they have only have 2 entries so far :( they do need some more people Found this out today when a anouncement was made at the Morwell trials

That is a shame for the Sale club. Hardly seems worth the effort to put the trial on. Would not blame them for cancelling.

Hopefully they will get a few more.

M

That is a shame for the Sale club. Hardly seems worth the effort to put the trial on. Would not blame them for cancelling.

Hopefully they will get a few more.

M

Oh they haven't canceled yet, I do hope they get some more, we would like to put Malika in but I don't think she would be ready plus she is inseason :(