Ballarat Pet Expo

witheverythingiam

local agility and flyball teams were there

BRATPEX2011_03.jpg

they didn't get the main arena, just as well as they had plenty of shade for setting up

BRATPEX2011_04.jpg

Here is a shot of general public lined up for one of the pet classes. Sorry I didn't get a shot of the white ferret which had been randomly rainbow dyed! :crossfingers:

BRATPEX2011_05.jpg

still more.... :rofl:

Last lot!!

No minature horse show, sadly, but these ponies were lined up giving kiddie rides:

BRATPEX2011_02.jpgBRATPEX2011_01_01.jpg

Didn't get pics of the snake or birds or small furry exhibits, or the animal nursery. OH was impressed that he could hear and understand all the lyrics of the C&W singer in the hall!

Took three pugs, brought one home, he was too cute to leave behind!!! :crossfingers:

BRATPEX2011_08.jpg

Was great day, we all had fun, Dusty wasnt sure on the ponies but soon come around to them

Bubba ferrets are soooooo cute

RP, great shots, your kitties are gorgeous!

Pandii, great place to socialize Dusty with lots of new smells and people and other animals etc! How did Seb like it?

WEIA how did your kitties like it? Was there like an actual cat show?

I will definatley go next year!

Edited by tlc

Nice pics RuralPug. :rofl:

Well that was a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG day, but we're finally home.

I was expecting more people, and the "inside" to be in a nice air conditioned building, and not to be in direct sunlight from the window. Boy was it a hot day.

The only dampener on the day, was some moronic person with a choc kelpie "temperament testing" their dog with the cats. The other cat breeder asked them to please move away, and they didn't listen. When they did eventually leave (a good 10 minutes later!), the dog got away from them, and raced back & tried to "go" the cat! :crossfingers: If that was a DOLer - SHAME ON YOU!

And with that, I'm off to bed. :rofl:

Pity it was so hot, how stupid is that person with the Kelpie, if you had your dogs with you at least they should have been under control all the time and not being tried and tested with other animals, some people are idiots!

I showed up at 4.30 and even though it was suppose to be open til 5 almost everyone had gone home :crossfingers:. Those that were still there were standing around chatting and packing up. Ah well next year maybe.

I was still there at 4:30. Just I was getting last of my things. Or should I say, the "Relay for life" organisers were getting my stuff from inside, and bringing it to my car in the main arena. They were starting to stack the tables not being used before 4pm! I think people would have stuck around longer if they hadn't felt "rushed" by them.

Must admit we went home about 4, it got so hot for the silky pups. I was constantly spraying them with water and wetting their tummys. Lots of kids got to pat them though and my granddaughter and her friend got 3rd prize with two of them in the pair of pets lol, they were very happy with their ribbon. We were in the petting area.