Boarding Kennel Worry

Marley'z Mum

Hi all

Havent been on here to ask a question for a while, my question is this, at the end of january my family and I are away for 9 - 10 days unfortunately we cant take the dog with us, so I have found what I believe to be a good boarding kennel for him to stay in...... for those who don't know me Marley is a 8 and half month old staffy x, he will be nine months old by the time he is in the kennel.... my concern is this, might be a slightly silly question, but up to 10days seems like a long time for a dog, I am slightly concerned he will forget us..... what are the chances he might forget us?? :thumbsup:

Edited by Marley'z Mum

He won't forget you and if you choose wisely, he'll be well looked after and have a good time.

Just make sure you choose a kennel where the dogs do revive exercise and are not standing in the same pen day after day, in their own shit and still standing there while they hose it out

I've had dogs remember me after 1 and 2 year absences.

10 days is nothing.

However, after I left my dog at boarding kennel for several weeks - she recognised me and was pleased to see me but equally pleased to see the boarding kennel staff - which was good - I would have had to find a new boarding kennel if she hated them, but I was slightly jealous. However I don't make a big deal of greetings when I return from being away.

Yes 10 days is nothing.

I had two 9 month old pups in one for about that length of time.

Enjoy your time away.

I did, knowing I could call if I wanted too and I was happy with how they would be cared for and their treatment.

They were pleased to come home and all over the staff as they left, a good sign that they were happy enough there.

NO chance of him forgetting you - ever - - Tango goes to 'holiday camp' 2 - 3 times a year, and when we are O/S it's for up to 6 weeks at a time.....doesn't matter how long we are away, invariably the night before we get back he starts being an absolute pest whinging and carrying on.....and he's all over me like a rash as soon as he sees me.......