Dead Bird Mystery Deepens

k9angel

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world...ystery-deepens/

mysterious phenomenon is taking place in the skies over southern America as thousands of birds simply drop from the sky.

On Monday we brought you the story of thousands of dead birds littering the streets of a small town in Arkansas; one theory presented was that New Year’s Eve fireworks were the cause of the problem.

READ MORE: Falling blackbirds baffle Arkansas officials

But the mystery has now deepened after roughly 500 red-winged blackbirds dropped to the ground in Louisiana.

The carcasses of the birds were reportedly found littering a 400 metre stretch of road in Pointe Coupee, Louisiana.

Louisiana and Arkansas share a border, and the two towns in which the incidents occurred are roughly 500 km apart.

A woman in Kentucky, north-east of Arkansas, claims she also found hundreds of dead birds in her garden.

Scientists have struggled to explain how so many birds, covering such a large area, could all have met the same fate.

Vicious storms in the area over recent days are possibly to blame, with hail, lightning and tornadoes being reported in some areas.

The birds may also have flown into objects after altering their flight paths due to New Year’s Eve fireworks.

The Associated Press reports that internal injuries were found in some of the birds tested in Beebe, Arkansas.

Yesterday, around 100,000 fish were also found dead 200km north-west of Beebe, although scientists do not believe the two incidents are related.

Hey, that's exactly what happened in that tv show, Flash Forward... all the birds in some US desert state suddenly died and fell out of they sky then soon after there was a weird thing where everyone in the world passed out for a minute or something and had a "flash forward" to their fate on a certain day in the future... spooky!!

Hey, that's exactly what happened in that tv show, Flash Forward... all the birds in some US desert state suddenly died and fell out of they sky then soon after there was a weird thing where everyone in the world passed out for a minute or something and had a "flash forward" to their fate on a certain day in the future... spooky!!

I don't think that would happen. :love:

I would say it has something to do with the bad weather.

Still very strange.

There was a story in the paper this morning about a mass fish death in NZ as well. Wierdness.

Toxic algal blooms happen along the NZ coast and the dead fish wash up on to the shore. If dogs eat the dead fish they can die too.

Souff

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world...ystery-deepens/

mysterious phenomenon is taking place in the skies over southern America as thousands of birds simply drop from the sky.

On Monday we brought you the story of thousands of dead birds littering the streets of a small town in Arkansas; one theory presented was that New Year’s Eve fireworks were the cause of the problem.

READ MORE: Falling blackbirds baffle Arkansas officials

But the mystery has now deepened after roughly 500 red-winged blackbirds dropped to the ground in Louisiana.

The carcasses of the birds were reportedly found littering a 400 metre stretch of road in Pointe Coupee, Louisiana.

Louisiana and Arkansas share a border, and the two towns in which the incidents occurred are roughly 500 km apart.

A woman in Kentucky, north-east of Arkansas, claims she also found hundreds of dead birds in her garden.

Scientists have struggled to explain how so many birds, covering such a large area, could all have met the same fate.

Vicious storms in the area over recent days are possibly to blame, with hail, lightning and tornadoes being reported in some areas.

The birds may also have flown into objects after altering their flight paths due to New Year’s Eve fireworks.

The Associated Press reports that internal injuries were found in some of the birds tested in Beebe, Arkansas.

Yesterday, around 100,000 fish were also found dead 200km north-west of Beebe, although scientists do not believe the two incidents are related.

The conspiracy theory fans will jut love this and the US military will be blamed for doing top secret nuclear practice runs I spose.

Sonic booms, magnetic force fields, little green men with pointy heads ........ oh dear.

Souff

I heard on the news tonight that a heap of dead birds have now dropped from the sky in Sweden. :laugh:

Very sad and very concerning. What's going on I wonder?.

Hot one day, snowing the next, floods and now birds and fish just dropping dead. :rofl:

I heard on the news tonight that a heap of dead birds have now dropped from the sky in Sweden. :shrug:

Wings probably got iced up. It is VERY VERY cold over there right now.

Souff

Shame on you, Souffle. It's nearing the end of the Mayan calendar that's doing it. Let's head off to Bugarach and wait for the alien invasion to save us from the Apocalypse. Tom Cruise will probably be there bunkering down with his tin foil hat.

I heard on the news tonight that a heap of dead birds have now dropped from the sky in Sweden. :shrug:

Wings probably got iced up. It is VERY VERY cold over there right now.

Souff

Shame on you, Souffle. It's nearing the end of the Mayan calendar that's doing it. Let's head off to Bugarach and wait for the alien invasion to save us from the Apocalypse. Tom Cruise will probably be there bunkering down with his tin foil hat.

Sorry, can no do. Am waiting for the UFO Society to call and they wont talk to me on mobiles. Too risky.

Sorry, can no do. Am waiting for the UFO Society to call and they wont talk to me on mobiles. Too risky.

No, it's because there isnt any mobile service in Bugarach, silly! That's why it's called the Last Shangri-La