Contact Names For Qld Flood People

Bullbreedlover

I am in Logan area and can hold a few horses and dogs in my own yard. Have spare crates. We are not at risk of flooding where I am located but am willing to help out others.

Logan is South Brisbane

Atua have you seen the other thread - there is someone desperate to move a horse to safer ground. Also been on Facebook.

Meant to add I'm also in Beenleigh (like Troy) but have lost the backyard. It has been problematic for the last couple of weeks whenever the drainage gave up all the neighbours sludge has ended up in my back yard. Rest of the house is fine but I'm currently digging some more drains and sandbagging to keep the damage to a minimum.

I can take a dog or two, I'm in stafford heights and we're not having any flood problems. If safe I can come and collect the dog/s. Not willing to take aggressive dogs as I already have two males who aren't the submissive types, but they're not aggressive.

Edited by Akay

Have replied to another thread. We are wet, but OK.

We have x3 single beds in a granny flat, separate (mostly) to our house. Basic TV, DVD, oven, hot plates, microwave (think working), frig, shower, toilet & a/c. If needed then a double bed in our house as well.

Have a Trek 4 berth dog trailer in our stable which is totally under cover so up to 8 medium size dogs, possibly more in crates, pens etc. NO aggresive dogs!!

Can take horses as well.

Hi all,

I am in Logan also and we are fine at this stage and should stay so we are up high. I am unable to take any animals unless absolutely urgent as we already have a lot here and its not my house but I have a 4wd and I am happy to transport people or animals if needed pls contact me on 0406 646 907 i am on holidays so happy to help anytime day or night pls dont hesitate.

Lee

RNA Showgrounds Flood Shelter now taking animals! Cats in cages only and have room for 300 dogs. If you possibly need to evacuate do it now while there is room for your dogs/cats.

So pleased to hear that. Those showgrounds have the dog pavilion. So there'd be plenty of space.

Also the RSPCA main shelter at Fairfield is in danger of going under. They've asked for offers of foster-care for the animals. Thread is here in General Discussion.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=213040

Also Minny has posted in the Rescue section a Facebook page where people are posting offers to take in pets (& in some cases, people too).

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...p;#entry5078996

Update: RSPCA Qld has posted on Facebook asking for offers of fostercare in flood affected areas. Email [email protected]

Edited by mita

Does anyone have any information about Murphys Creek near Toowoomba? Heard it was destroyed.

:hug::hug:

Have friend who has relatives there and cannot get in touch.

There are unconfirmed reports that much of Murphys Creek has been swept away. I seriously do not know though.

I hope everyone is safe though.

The force of the water coming down the range would of been horrific.