Watermarks

carebear

so, i downloaded lightroom trial this afternoon, i'm not sure i like it, as it's not user friendly and i can't figure out some simple things (including how to put images in folders, and import my iphoto libary, etc) so am looking at aperture 3 as a program (downloading trial now).

i've googled adding watermarks in aperture, and it's a bit hit and miss, but, i need to create a watermark as an image.

is anyone able to help me? i don't have photoshop, and it seems like i need photoshop, but as i can't figure out lightroom, i don't really wanna download photoshop to just try and create a watermark. is there any other way i can create a watermark without photoshop?

thanks huga. i wanted something similar to yours, in that it's barely noticeable unless you go looking for it lol

on looking further, i'm on a mac and it doesn't look like it'll be compatible :cry:

Noooooooo! Don't tell me that! I was going to go over to the Mac side soon.

Oh wait, I think Bec has a Mac and she can use Photoscape....

maybe she is running parrallel's and so has windows also installed on her mac. i don't as i didn't feel my hdd was big enough to have both (i only have 80gb free and windows needed a fair chunk of that, and at the time i only wanted it for doing etax so i didn't end up doing it.

when i look on it it says 'windows vista and 7' as supported :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, photoscape is not compatible on mac huga, hence why its only on my laptop and not on my imac :D - BUT DEFINITELY GET A MAC! :)

my watermark is made as a brush in photoshop, so no help to you there :D

I did watch a tutorial on youtube about how to watermark in lightroom but ive never actually done it myself

Nope, photoscape is not compatible on mac huga, hence why its only on my laptop and not on my imac :D - BUT DEFINITELY GET A MAC! :)

my watermark is made as a brush in photoshop, so no help to you there :D

I did watch a tutorial on youtube about how to watermark in lightroom but ive never actually done it myself

I guess I should figure out how to do it in PS too.

Carebear, it's really easy in LR, it's just an export setting. Here is the tutorial:

http://www.digital-photography-school.com/...-in-lightroom-3

Oh wait, I think Bec has a Mac and she can use Photoscape....

:) Alas I do not *wants Mac so bad*

Oh, sorry! I thought you had one!

Yes, I am ready to join the cult too :D

The list of things I want (need!) is so stupidly long right now :D

Edited by becandcharch

Huga, do this:

Select 'New', make it something like 600x300 px or similar

Type in the font you want as your WM. Flatten the layers. Then click on edit, define brush preset, give it a name and viola!! you have a watermark :laugh:

Bec, I feel you pain. Im longing for that 70-200 2.8 IS. I just have a little bit more to save!! How are you finding the sigma?????