Is He Beyond Help?!

blue.amstaff

blue.amstaff

I'd take the dog ahead of the SIL. I take it she's your partner's sister, not (ex) partner of your brother?.

You can retrain the puppy, but I doubt you'd be successful training her to be a good house companion. Eg if she paid attention to what you said the puppy would already be desexed.

Gary Wilkes says you're not a successful or good dog trainer until you've trained lots and lots of dogs. Training one dog makes a good dog trainer is a bit like saying the dog that does a nice recall at home - will do it at the park.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

He has been rehomed ALREADY

He went to an ex breeder of Lhasa apso's (spelling?) hopefully he is in good hands.

She wasn't too impressed regarding no more dogs until she has her own place, but in all honesty, I don't have to have her in my home, let alone a menagery of pets that aren't even mine.. :thumbsup:

One large Rotti is quite enough :laugh:

Absolutely! I don't think it is an unfair request that she respect the fact that you are getting a new puppy in your home.

Besides, she needs some stability in her life before she takes on responsibility for another.

No, she never had his hearing checked.

And yes he is entire, I have lost count how many times I have recommended desexing him, why anyone would want an entire male unless he's for breeding is beyond me..

She called me tonight and said she wants to rehome him and get another Rotti pup.. :hug:

Well, whatever, just not in my house. :)

God help her if she stuffs the next one up.

No more puppies for her unitl she gets settled. Seriously whilst I dont know the full situation how can she contempated another when she has just had to rehome one puppy.

It seems an odd choice.

blue.amstaff

I'd take the dog ahead of the SIL. I take it she's your partner's sister, not (ex) partner of your brother?.

You can retrain the puppy, but I doubt you'd be successful training her to be a good house companion. Eg if she paid attention to what you said the puppy would already be desexed.

Gary Wilkes says you're not a successful or good dog trainer until you've trained lots and lots of dogs. Training one dog makes a good dog trainer is a bit like saying the dog that does a nice recall at home - will do it at the park.

Unfortunately I wouldn't even consider taking this dog. I'm not a fan of small dogs and this boy has far too many issues for me to take on, not that I couldn't work with him but I really just don't want to :D I will have my own puppy to care for next week..

He has found a new home now so I'm sure he will have a much better and stress free life with this new lady.

I just called the vet that the lady said he was getting desexed at to make sure she actually DID book the appt and yes, he's definitely all set to go :)

blue.amstaff

Unfortunately I wouldn't even consider taking this dog. I'm not a fan of small dogs and this boy has far too many issues for me to take on, not that I couldn't work with him but I really just don't want to :) I will have my own puppy to care for next week..

He has found a new home now so I'm sure he will have a much better and stress free life with this new lady.

I just called the vet that the lady said he was getting desexed at to make sure she actually DID book the appt and yes, he's definitely all set to go :D

Sounds like the pup will soon be on a 'healing path'. I hope it finds happiness and serenity in it's new home.

Now all we need is the same for your sis-in-law.