Lost My Baby Dolly

dollygirl

hi dollygirl,

you lost your baby, I lost my girl too. I feel your grief. My heart is heavy, I can't function well at the moment. Keep thinking of the good times you had. Only time heals.

keep your chin up

RIP Baby

Dollygirl you have had two very traumatic experiences and yes some people might say it is just a dog but to some of us dogs are a very special part of our lives. You need to grieve and be angry about what has happened and give the losses a place in your heart and your memories. Losing 2 dogs in the same way is simply a random tragedy. I've lived on acreage and in the suburbs and had snakes at both locations but have never lost a dog to one. My younger sister has had a cat and a dog bitten by snakes, also in the suburbs. Both survived. Who knows why? And it doesn't matter how long you have your dogs for - I have my old girl (almost 16 and a half) booked in to be pts on 29/1. It is her time. I have told everyone I don't want to talk about it because I want to enjoy the time we have left and not stress her out with my blubbering. Even after all these years with her I'm still not ready. 12 months or 12 years - it doesn't matter. We love them and they love us and there is never enough time together.

Big hugs to you. Hopefully you will be able to open your heart up to another animal (even if it isn't a dog) sometime in the future.

Dollygirl you have had two very traumatic experiences and yes some people might say it is just a dog but to some of us dogs are a very special part of our lives. You need to grieve and be angry about what has happened and give the losses a place in your heart and your memories. Losing 2 dogs in the same way is simply a random tragedy. I've lived on acreage and in the suburbs and had snakes at both locations but have never lost a dog to one. My younger sister has had a cat and a dog bitten by snakes, also in the suburbs. Both survived. Who knows why? And it doesn't matter how long you have your dogs for - I have my old girl (almost 16 and a half) booked in to be pts on 29/1. It is her time. I have told everyone I don't want to talk about it because I want to enjoy the time we have left and not stress her out with my blubbering. Even after all these years with her I'm still not ready. 12 months or 12 years - it doesn't matter. We love them and they love us and there is never enough time together.

Big hugs to you. Hopefully you will be able to open your heart up to another animal (even if it isn't a dog) sometime in the future.

Yes I know it is hard no matter how long you have had them, the what if's are still always there...my little jack that I lost was 10 yrs old that was hard because she was so much a part of me, when she was gone I could still see and hear her, would look for her. Dolly well she was sweet and I feel I have let her down. We have a real estate agent coming around I don't want this house anymore, I can't bring another dog in here ever and one day maybe when I retire and have more time I will get another.

I hope that you do enjoy the little time you have left with your girl, hopefully that time will bring you some peace....I will be thinking of you.

Edited by dollygirl

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry for your loss. :party: Dolly looked like such a special girl. Having found a huge Eastern brown snake in our back yard last week I am so thankful that I did not lose my girl the same way. I cannot imagine the pain you are going through to lose not one but two special dogs. :party:

My thoughts and prayers are with you. RIP Dolly and wait for your mum at the bridge! :banghead:

I can feel your pain, having found my beloved 6 year old dog drowned at a neighbour's property, six days after running away with his brother.

I read once, that when your dog dies, part of your life goes with him, how true. The remaining dog is still depressed and fretting for his companion, I was in tears every day, I did a lot of googling and fell in love again - with a pup of the same breed, advertised at this website.

How easy was that?? The puppy, to my surprise, is very similar to my wasted friend. Maybe, you too, will in the future be able to have a dog you can love again, I hope for you.

:o

I can feel your pain, having found my beloved 6 year old dog drowned at a neighbour's property, six days after running away with his brother.

I read once, that when your dog dies, part of your life goes with him, how true. The remaining dog is still depressed and fretting for his companion, I was in tears every day, I did a lot of googling and fell in love again - with a pup of the same breed, advertised at this website.

How easy was that?? The puppy, to my surprise, is very similar to my wasted friend. Maybe, you too, will in the future be able to have a dog you can love again, I hope for you.

:cry:

Each day comes and goes and I feel no better, I am unable to talk or think of her without being upset.

Right from the beginning when she came to us, every time I was away from her I was frightened and fearful that something would happen to her.

I feel I have brought this fate on her, I now believe the strong force that exists in thinking and imagining things can make them happen.

I can't get another dog until my circumstance change and I can leave a puppy/dog by itself without imagining the worse, I don't know what it will take to make that happen.

Such sad circumstances to lose your special Dolly, I am so sorry for your losses! Remember the little footprints they both left in your heart.

Life is richer with dogs (& animals) around, I hope you can find the strenght to love another dog again one day x o