What Is An English Staffy?

Parkeyre

"English Staffy" - term when used by the breeder of any dog of this description, should prompt potential buyers to bolt in the other direction.

If ever there's a red flag for puppy purchasers, its when 'breeders' can't get the name or the spelling of the breed right.

I see plenty of German Shepherd dog owners who say they've got a German sheperd or shepard and lots of chiwawa owners too so it's not just SBT breeders who cant spell the name of their breed.

When I was trial secretary for my obedience club I received an entry for a "Boarder Collie" :(

When people ask what breed Pele (Bull Terrier) is I usually say "English Bull Terrier" and then inform them that the correct breed name is Bull Terrier, after they look confused or ask me what she's crossed with. They seem to think that "bull terrier" is a generic name that covers all the bull breeds.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek::(

I have Staffordshire Bull Terriers... that's it... period... not 'types', not 'varieties', but plain and simple Staffordshire Bull Terriers.....

Oh I was once asked (when I'd only just arrived at the Coast and had taken my two to the beach) if my male Stafford was a pitbull.... ;)

:eek::(

I have Staffordshire Bull Terriers... that's it... period... not 'types', not 'varieties', but plain and simple Staffordshire Bull Terriers.....

Oh I was once asked (when I'd only just arrived at the Coast and had taken my two to the beach) if my male Stafford was a pitbull.... ;)

Well they probably wanted to make sure your dog wasnt going to kill their children...gotta watch those pitbulls :cry:

:):laugh:

Oh I was once asked (when I'd only just arrived at the Coast and had taken my two to the beach) if my male Stafford was a pitbull.... :)

Well they probably wanted to make sure your dog wasnt going to kill their children...gotta watch those pitbulls :rofl:

lol they didn't have children.. but yep, get your point :eek: