Litters Due In April 2011

Bilbo Baggins

well we have had a set back with poor Miss maddi...Yesterday she had black discharge so rushed her to vets .. They did ultra sound one dead bub & 2 live.. Too early too to have them yetSo thankfully Miss maddi doesn't have a temp and still seems ok so we need to try to stop labor til Mon or Tues so shes on antibotics and something else .. ( sorry sleep deprived)So keep everything crossed we can keep these bubs in there for a few more days and they and miss maddi will be ok

shes had brekky , still no temp and seems quite bright this morning soooo everything crossed!!!

from one tired stressed momma

Awww Cazzie! How stressful :) I am so sorry that you have lost one of the babies... fingers, toes and everything else crossed that the other bubbas and Miss Maddi are health and well and she can cook those bubbas until they're good and ready.. don't want undercooked bubbas!

Good luck.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakway - Whippets - 1st. 01/04/2011. 3 boys 7 girls

becks - Miniature Schnauzers - 5th. 01/04/2011. 2 boys 3 girls

skyehaven - Flat Coated Retrievers - ???. 04/04/2011. ?? boys ?? girls

Got nuthin - Labradors -9th.

woodys - Cocker Spaniels - 06/o4/2011. 5 girls 2 boys

Lady of the Ghans - Lowchens -10th.

Bailey's Mum - Australian Terriers - 16th.

cazzie - Boston Terriers - 16th.

Tibbiemax71 - Tibetan Spaniels - 16th.

labs26 - Labradors - 20th.

Tibbiemax71 - Tibetan Spaniels - 16th.

AdoubleJ - Beagles - 22rd.

KC Blue - Whippets - 23rd.

ish - German Shepherds - 24th.

Kanati Whippets - Whippets - 24th.

hilaryo - Beagles - 28th.

murmarstaffs - Staffordshire Terriers - 30th.

im on the border of april and may as by her last mating she is due 2nd of may but could go either way

We had puppies born in the early hours of this morning.

It was an awful ordeal for my girl Indi, who ended up with huge stuck puppies. We ended up at the emergency after hours vet an hour away. I had to take the kids, 2, 4 and 8, as OH was at work and couldn't leave (as he was the supervisor). The first pups head was stuck, and was eventually removed as we were on the verge of a c-section. I was shocked to find that it was still alive. Pups 2 and 3 were born naturally, and were also enormous. 3 was alittle slow to get breathingNumber 4 had to be removed by the vet and took 15 mins to get breathing. (excellent vet) Number 5 was breach, and stuck. Took 2 vets to get it out, but could not be revived. Last 2 by c-section, one saved, the other not as the placenta had ruptured.

Uterus had also ruptured so this is Indi's first and last litter. She is by far my nicest dog, so that is a little disappointing, but at least she is ok.

So we have 5 black puppies. 3 girls, 2 boys. 1 girl and 1 boy lost. All weighing over 500g. :rainbowbridge:

Mum took a while with the pups, but is now doing an excellent job with them, and they are all feeding well. :(

Been up since 6am Sat, so I'm buggered. :(

Thanks guys.

Yes it certainly tops my only litter last year. Lost whole litter at day 52 to an unknown infection.

It is very disheartening.....until all those little puppas are snuffling at you. :(

thinking of u cazzie :( hope everything turns out for u

What an ordeal gotnuthin, sorry for the lost babies. glad you got some healthy pups. congrats

My littlies are doing well, all gaining weight and have full bellys, looks like we even ended up with 2 babies being ghost sable's (thought they where black and white) but will have to wait and see as they get older quiet a suprise.

So sorry for the loss of your little ones 'Got Nuthin." It sounds like it was a huge ordeal for you, mum and pups. Glad the rest are doing fine. All over 500g is a lot for a dog to carry and so sorry to hear it is her first and last litter.

My girl is getting huge and is very uncomfortable although can still jump on to the bed I have set up in the whelping room for when I sleep in there, which will be in a night or 2 as she is due on Saturday. Temp is still normal, no drop, although by the size of her I expect she will go on time or even a bit earlier. She had a bit of creamy very pale yellow/green discharge (only a smear) last night, I have never noticed this before in my other girls, should I be worried? I am ringing the vet this morning when they open, otherwise she is normal, happy, eating, just waddling around.

Those are some gorgeous babies GN!

We are waiting on a phone call from the repro vet to confirm she is ok to be left to go on her own. Apart from that we have no news at 2 days to go. No temp drop no nothing. To be honest, I was kinda hoping that she would go a couple of days early, those babies are big enough!

Here are some belly pics of my girls.

Nima

DPP_0011.jpg

DPP_0001-3.jpg

Leah

DPP_0006.jpg

OMG Nimy Noo is enormous!!!! I can't believe her fat belly, it looks like it is almost touching the ground!!! Can't believe you're going to have two lots of puppies, its going to be fun at your house - thank god for timber floors huh? That is the one thing I'm freaking out about here as our new house has mainly carpet and you know how much I loved my lino floor at the old place.

Shelbyville my girl had a slight creamy discharge at day 60, so I was convinced that was the day. I think it was just the pressure pushing a bit of fluid out. Being so enormous and uncomfortable I also expected Indi to go early. Temp drop andl abour started day 63, puppies born day 64. I was hoping for them to be a bit early so they wouldn't be too big. (my other 2 girls had both delivered at day 60)

I normally do an xray in the last week, but did not do it this time. (mainly from many comments in DOL threads about the topic, saying there was too much risk from xraying unnecessarily). I will xray in future, as I think knowing they were huge puppies might have ended differently.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Lots of labby toes crossed here for you!

Thanks Becks, LOTG, & Choc!!

well so far were still cooking them :eat: Miss Maddi's still doing ok temps still norm didnt want brekky yesterday but couldnt wait for dinner, but wants brekky today ... so hoping she will hold out til tomorrow have appointment at 1 will do another ultra sound and go from there :laugh::laugh:

been sleeping in lounge room next to the whelping box so good practice for when they are i quess :D

Choc .. sorry for your loss too hun congratz on your bubs

Tibbie & Merri love the belly shots

GN OMGosh what a aweful thing to go thru hun sorry about the ones you lost :eat: glad the rest of the bubs and mum are ok

LOTG hows your girl doing?? any signs?

Edited by cazzie

LOTG hows your girl doing?? any signs?

No signs just yet. She had a lower temp by 1 degree this morning, but it is a pretty cold morning and she's had a low am temp before and it came back up, so we'll wait and sew what she's looking like later on.

I hope she doesn't go tonight, I have an overnight counselling shift... but if I have to cancel, I have to cancel as long as she's showing signs before I leave!

Edited by Lady of the Ghans