Litters Due In April 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about little black girl Tibbiemax :thumbsup: Glad the others are going well though. How is Nima enjoying motherhood?

Belly photo of my girl taken today

Thanks ish. Nima is being a really good mum, have to make her to go out to the toilet LOL

Your girl is getting big now! How many does she have in there?

The photos don't actually show just how big she is!! She was scanned 4 down one side and 2 down the other. I'm thinking

that it just might be wrong!!

Wow she is big! My girl was scanned and the vet thought 6 or 7. She had 10. So expect a few more I would say! Good luck!

We had some fun tonight, the pups got to have their first taste of food, of course it was the little one who dived straight into the food while the bigger ones has a try and got so excited they moved backwards and sat squeaking and shaking until moved forward for another try. Of course one was later curled up asleep on the plate (left over from mum cleaning up).

Hi All, we have puppies! Piper had 9 beautiful babies yesterday. She was very restless on Tuesday when I arrived home from Adelaide (OH has been looking after her, crossing his fingers she would wait for me) then a very restless night. I got up with her at 1am and at 4am the contractions started. I have the two hour time limit in my head from the start of contractions to whelp born before the vet is called...... at 5:55am a large black male was born (phew) but unfortunately the little boy had a cleft palate. 20 minutes later the next whelp came, and then we averaged bewteen 10 and 45 minutes bewteen them all. Luckily, no more cleft's, just healthy bubba's. Once number 8 was born, the whelping box was cleaned and the vetbed put in (as the xray showed us 8 puppies). Piper was happily feeding away when another whelp appeared - yes, all in the clean box! So, final count of living puppies are: 2 black males, 2 yellow males, 1 yellow female and 3 black females. All are very content, Piper is a fantastic first time Mum, she wont leave them for a minute, have to lead her out to toilet!

Goodluck for all still waiting, and I hope everyone's litters are doing well.

Sorry - edited to add weights - smallest 365g largest 440g

Edited by labs26

Great news Labs26, sad about the little boy with cleft palate. Photos????

Yes, photo's soon, I will get them off my camera now..

Your babies are beautiful Michelle. Piper (Driftway Blueprint x Driftway Mariah) was mated to Mackey.......G Ch Driftway Special Envoy) fingers crossed for something special for me!!!

Labs26, your puppies look absolutely gorgeous. Although I think all labs at any age look divine!

I so wanted a Blueprint puppy, I sent Gypsy down twice to be mated to him and no luck. She is now desexed, so no Gypsy/blueprint puppies, which I think would have been very special.

Piper looks very content!

Edited by shellbyville