Litters Due In April 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am washing all of my fluffers today and I had a random thought... when do you give your babies their first bath?

I know my kids can have their first bum shave this week, and I was going to do it this weekend but thought I might leave them until next weekend so they can get a bit steadier on their feet.

Obviously being a fluffy breed they need to get pretty used to being washed, tried, brushed and generally fussed over... but I don't want to do it so early that I'm torturing them.

They are very different and super cute LOTG!

What I did when I had my schnauzer was to just turn the hair dryer on intermitently so that she got used to it. I then used just a no rinse shampoo spray and did the dryer afterwards. I also used the shaver with the top on all over her so she got used to the sound and the vibration - although you probably know all this... :D

It's always handy to hear it from someone else at this stage :) I am going to have them in the loungeroom today while I dry Lola in the next room, so that will be a start with the dryer for them...

I was thinking maybe in a week of sticking them in a bucket of warmish water not so much to wash them, but to get them used to the feeling of it all and then combine towel dry with using the hairdryer on low.

They get full but shave soon.. bwahaha... but I want to get them used to the dremmel for their nails too.. that'll be fun.

There are some darn cute puppy photos here. ADJ they are so similar! Very nice looking Aussies!!

I will have some new pics soon. Still have runny pooh and one yellow/clear mucous pooh so just waiting for the next one to go and Ill get a fecal sample to the vet. (Ive been waiting since 9 am & I've tried intermittently today to get them to go but no way apparently) They are all bright and happy and starting to walk, starting to mouth and play and feeding like troupers. Lots of nice light wee too so drinking enough. Hopefully it is something simple.

Have had good weight gains. Have noooo idea what they weighed when they were born but did a weigh-in

on Saturday when I put their collars on just did another weigh-in tonight so.....

Saturday 1 week old

Red Girl 510gms now 575gms

Silver girl 514gms now 626gms

Yellow girl 555gms now 644 gms

Orange girl 489gms now 591gms

Purple girl 501gms now 601gms

Green boy 576gms now 684gms

Pale blue boy 549gms now 650gms

Royal blue boy 575gms now 694gms

Brown boy 516gms now 641gms

Really pleased with them all - they are very contented babies, feed about every couple of hours then sleep! :thumbsup:

What beautiful babies everyone has.

My guys are 3.5 weeks old. They are all going really well, although I did give them a taste of some solid food yesterday, and they had their first day outside and last night, we had some runny poos and one had a vomit. Mum has copious amounts of milk, so I think it was just too much for them.

I will give them another feed of solid today, but think I will stick to just one feed and in the morning so they have time to poo it all out before they come inside at night to sleep.

post-7564-0-88715000-1305069851_thumb.jpg

post-7564-0-54641400-1305069915_thumb.jpg

Edited by shellbyville

Everyone's puppies are looking fabulous. Mine are 3 weeks old today and have started some solids. I think Mum's milk has peaked as they seemed just a tad hungry, the two little ones of the litter were ravenous! here are some pics taken over the past few days... I love the black pigement on this yellow bitch puppy - hopefully she is a keeper!

post-6990-0-61547300-1305079855_thumb.jpg

post-6990-0-94957800-1305079870_thumb.jpg

Everyone's puppies are looking fabulous. Mine are 3 weeks old today and have started some solids. I think Mum's milk has peaked as they seemed just a tad hungry, the two little ones of the litter were ravenous! here are some pics taken over the past few days... I love the black pigement on this yellow bitch puppy - hopefully she is a keeper!

Gorgeous pups Labs26. I don't think mine actually need the solids just yet, as mum is a very good producer. The little yellow girl looks gorgeous. I have a little yellow girl and a little black girl that I think are looking quite good at this stage, hopefully they will continue to grow nicely. I wasn't going to keep a boy, but one little black boy is standing out, so I am thinking he might be a keeper as well. So at the moment it looks like I might have 3 that are staying, although early days yet. They are so much fun at this age, watching their little personalities developing.

Those puppies are just adorable Labs26!

On another note, I have some more technical questions to ask, particularly for those with little fluffers... how early do you microchip them? I need to submit the litter reg, but not sure how early I can chip and don't want to do it too early.

Also, have you had any trouble with names with your puppies? I know what I want but don't know if it will be acceptable :( I'm thinking I might have to give Dogs Vic a call... I can't see anything on the rego form that says I cant have what I want (TV character names), but I'd hate to have it rejected.

I also need to work out exactly what I need to register their colours as.. how annoying!

Those puppies are just adorable Labs26!

On another note, I have some more technical questions to ask, particularly for those with little fluffers... how early do you microchip them? I need to submit the litter reg, but not sure how early I can chip and don't want to do it too early.

Also, have you had any trouble with names with your puppies? I know what I want but don't know if it will be acceptable :( I'm thinking I might have to give Dogs Vic a call... I can't see anything on the rego form that says I cant have what I want (TV character names), but I'd hate to have it rejected.

I also need to work out exactly what I need to register their colours as.. how annoying!

LOTG you microchip and immunize at the same time. One of the microchip bars goes on the rego paper. Submit it all and you should have it back in 10 days you can pay extra to get it back in 48 hours.