Litters Due In April 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just got off the phone from the vets..................

We have 9 :wave: :D and ALL are FINE.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And it's still April .........:-)

I'm sorry she had to have a c-section but YAY!!! 9 babies and all well.. that is freaking awesome :(

ETA: How big are they?? they must be HUGE!

Edited by Lady of the Ghans

Have no idea LOTG! :-)

Teagan gets very very protective of her babies..................... so seeing as she has been washing them I have left them alone.

Don't know if they have fed, every time Teagan lies out straight and I go to see if I can 'attach' one or 2 she curls up. I have supplemented 4 of the smaller ones and will just have to see how it goes ...........

Progress - Teagan is relaxing a bit - looks as if all the bubs have had a feed from her and she is letting me 'adjust' them.. :laugh:

Did a random weigh 309gms which I don't think is too bad for 9! Oh yes did I say we have 5 girls and 4 boys all tri's - can't remember I'm so tired. Have been up since 3am.................. :D :D :rofl::(

Ooooh they're all so cute!

Just another random noob question, but is 2.5 weeks too young to start giving the babies some extra food?

I didn't want to start them fully weaning onto puppy food, but I was thinking just some puppy milk and egg and maybe some nutrigel mixed in.

Thoughts?!

Just another random noob question, but is 2.5 weeks too young to start giving the babies some extra food?

I didn't want to start them fully weaning onto puppy food, but I was thinking just some puppy milk and egg and maybe some nutrigel mixed in.

Thoughts?!

All they need until 4 weeks is mothers milk. As there is only two they can get all they want. :rofl:

Thoughts?!

All they need until 4 weeks is mothers milk. As there is only two they can get all they want. :rofl:

Generally it is only when you have lots that you need to get them onto any other food at aroun 3-3 1/2 weeks.

Cool... I would just like to see a bit more weight on Wednesday... but Lola is less attentive and isn't that interested in feeding them.... she is feeding them obviously because they're putting on weight.

They're also interested in licking and nomming on things, so thought it might've been an experience for them :rofl:

ETA: I think I just need to stop overanalysing things.

Edited by Lady of the Ghans

Cool... I would just like to see a bit more weight on Wednesday... but Lola is less attentive and isn't that interested in feeding them.... she is feeding them obviously because they're putting on weight.

They're also interested in licking and nomming on things, so thought it might've been an experience for them :rofl:

ETA: I think I just need to stop overanalysing things.

Weight gain is much slower as they get older and mum does not have to feed them as much as they get more in less time.

Weight gain is much slower as they get older and mum does not have to feed them as much as they get more in less time.

Thx :rofl:

I don't think it will be long before Pugsley hits a kilo.. Wednesday is just sloooooow!

Wow 1 kilo almost :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Given that they are not much larger than a cav I would say that was big.

I just looked at my litter weights and had a singleton that did not hit 1 kg until 36 days.

Another 28 days

Last litter 23 and 24 days.

Happy to see the beagle pups have had a safe arrival and mum is doing well.

LotG I would leave it until 3 weeks and then just offer one little meal a day for a few days to give them something new to enjoy before getting into weaning them properly (although I leave mum access for as long as she wants until pups leave)

I found, with rescue litters, that once they started trying to eat Mum's food they were ready. :rofl:

Yep I've caught a couple of mine already nosing around in Brandy's bowl at 2.5 weeks old...I will wait till the middle of next week when they 3 weeks old & then try them with some pink slushie. :rofl: