Charity Going To The Dogs

gspforme

I agree that while many greyhounds are treated well (the ones I have personally seen were given the best of everything) but there's a LOT of dogs out there who aren't treated so nicely and many are killed for not being good enough.

While i see that this campaign is great for raising breast cancer awareness in a male-dominated industry, it's the behind-the-scenes that the AR peeps have a problem with. I love greyhound racing and some very happy times have been spent at the track but i always wonder about the trainers around me and if they are the kind of person to get their dog into the GAP program or just shoot them :thumbsup:

I agree that while many greyhounds are treated well (the ones I have personally seen were given the best of everything) but there's a LOT of dogs out there who aren't treated so nicely and many are killed for not being good enough.

While i see that this campaign is great for raising breast cancer awareness in a male-dominated industry, it's the behind-the-scenes that the AR peeps have a problem with. I love greyhound racing and some very happy times have been spent at the track but i always wonder about the trainers around me and if they are the kind of person to get their dog into the GAP program or just shoot them :thumbsup:

I think the purpose of the campaign is to raise money for breast cancer research, not to raise awareness of the disease amongst the greyhound fraternity.

AR people are seeking to derail that fund raising by targetting a high profile charity to pursue their own agenda.

I understand what you are saying Kali but the abuse of greyhounds extends across all dog ownership. It's not just a greyhound problem. After seeing first hand how those AR people lie for their own agenda i prefer to see things in person and find out facts for myself.

I have no problem with greyhound racing or horse racing as long as animals are treated humanely. And i would have no problem with horses or canines being being used for meat. After all people have to eat and food is expensive. However i digress.

People need to do their own research and not believe everything that is trotted out in front of them by AR.

. I love greyhound racing and some very happy times have been spent at the track but i always wonder about the trainers around me and if they are the kind of person to get their dog into the GAP program or just shoot them :laugh:

You need to do some research. Greyhound trainers have to account to the GRV for every greyhound they dispose of.

And, having worked in shelters, I can tell you, there are much worse things being done to dogs, all breeds, than shooting them.

I happened to speak to Nick Caley this evening, he was very disappointed, apparently the McGrath Foundation has been copping alot of flack about this from AR groups overseas today. It's a pity, it will raise alot of money for their cause but I wonder if they'll do it again next year.