Ovens Valley Canine Club

Rebanne

My gripe the scones were a little dry this year. :) Ii will back next year to make sure they are up to scratch. :laugh:

apple crumble was to die for, should have waited for the scones fresh out of the oven!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest CaptainCourageous
I think it only fear to pay for water maybe it only 50 cents to a dollor, the canteen has used power to heat the water .

At most dog shows boiled water is free. The power bill for running the urn all day would have been trivial, and they were raking in a dollar a cup from those who didn't self-cater anyway.

Guest CaptainCourageous
It was a great show beautiful weather. Very enjoyable weekend.

Well done Rebanne and the committee. :):laugh::hug: :D

I thought the Saturday was terrific. (I wasn't there on the Sunday).

CC

Thanks everyone. I thought it went pretty well also but I can't claim credit for the weather :laugh: . Yeah there were a couple of bloopers, I reckon it wouldn't be a dog show without some but since it was my first time as secretary it could have been a lot worse! Got a few ideas spinning around in space, fine tune a couple of things, pre empt some others, improve a bit here and there. And 12 months to do it all in :)

I think it only fear to pay for water maybe it only 50 cents to a dollor, the canteen has used power to heat the water .

At most dog shows boiled water is free. The power bill for running the urn all day would have been trivial, and they were raking in a dollar a cup from those who didn't self-cater anyway.

I might as well say can I have two pieces of bread as I bought my own salad to go in it.

Buy a little stove and boil your own water, problem solved.

Guest CaptainCourageous

I suggested we do that to cook breakfast, but OH said NO the catering is great there.

I suggested we had a cuppa before we drove to the show, but OH said NO we'll have one when we get there.

I suggested we fill up our mini thermos before we depart but OH said NO it'll get cold we'll get water at the show.

I ended up taking paracetamol to deal with dehydration-induced headache that evening and the next morning.

I gave of my own time freely and gladly to help at that show and would gladly do that again. But shows are to be judged partly by the hospitality that is shown to those who attend, and each item of recalled stinginess probably takes three to five items of generosity to counterbalance. Like the time I helped officiate at a place where soft drinks were available at lunch only if you purchased them - an item of petty annoyance can spoil the recollection of a generally good day if it's allowed to or if it's bought up by someone on a forum.

Ovens Valley put on a great show last Saturday and are to be applauded for that.

CC

I suggested we do that to cook breakfast, but OH said NO the catering is great there.

I suggested we had a cuppa before we drove to the show, but OH said NO we'll have one when we get there.

I suggested we fill up our mini thermos before we depart but OH said NO it'll get cold we'll get water at the show.

I ended up taking paracetamol to deal with dehydration-induced headache that evening and the next morning.

I gave of my own time freely and gladly to help at that show and would gladly do that again. But shows are to be judged partly by the hospitality that is shown to those who attend, and each item of recalled stinginess probably takes three to five items of generosity to counterbalance. Like the time I helped officiate at a place where soft drinks were available at lunch only if you purchased them - an item of petty annoyance can spoil the recollection of a generally good day if it's allowed to or if it's bought up by someone on a forum.

Ovens Valley put on a great show last Saturday and are to be applauded for that.

CC

It is good of you to help, I run the canteen at Albury and Border kennel club and to tell you the truth I do not see who helps on the ground and if I had seen someone giving a hand free hot water would not have been a problem. So in the ladies defence in the canteen thay would not have known what help you may have giving....