Of Mice And Dogs

Gayle.

Nekhbet

I'm pretty happy that she doesn't kill things even though I'd rather not have to.

I think my cousin's guinea fowl are pretty happy about it too.

She has pulled a bit of wool off some rather shaggy sheep in herding lessons so not sure I trust her completely though the teacher didn't seem too upset about it. Ie dog backed off when told. Just got a wee bit too excited.

Maybe it's a feel thing ie wet cold wool so thick dog can't feel the sheep would be similar to a stuffed toy where as a warm mouse with a heart beat would not. However she won't damage or eat or chew the dead cold stiff mice either. Sometimes I wish I knew what she is thinking.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

I reckon know what Benson was thinking.......

"Mum is screaming because there's a mouse in the bucket, I'll take the mouse out of the bucket, there ya go, aren't I a good boy? No more mouse in mums bucket!"

I wish his soft mouth extended to the chickens....he's not quite so gentle with them.

Our family cat use to do the same thing. He loved hunting and catching mice. But instead of killing them for us, he would bring it inside as a 'present' and then let them go. Usually he would let them go in a corner so he could watch them and they couldn't escape him. :laugh:

Mine got what I think might have been a marsupial rat a couple of days ago :laugh: Saw scuffling and commotion outside, but it was pretty much dead by the time I got there and yelled at the dogs to leave it alone, and it died a couple of minutes later. Zoe is my hunter. Interestingly Kaos was off wandering around doing something else while this was going on.

Thats a wonderful clip Cassie.

Because I have pet rats I also have wild ones, i cant kill them. There are far to many animals in my yard that would die if I killed them.

Gilly the terrier drives me crazy with his prey drive.

He will stand at a place were a mouse/rat has been and bark.

He also waits for them to come out at night.

Its become so annoying, I have to close up the kitchen at night, or he will keep me awake all night.

Rats and mice are very sensitive, they have huge personalities and are really intelligent.

To poisen them with a poisen that takes 5 days to kill them, is extremely cruel.

It also endangers my owls.