Large Crate For Convalescing Dog

rosiebeanie

My boy is due to go in for TPLO surgery soon and am trying to source a very large crate to keep him confined after the event. Wondering if anybody has a secondhand crate for sale. As you can imagine, the cost of the surgery is massive and thought maybe someone has one sitting around in their garage they might be happy to sell. Looking for a 48" size.

Thanks!

:rolleyes:

If you can't find one second hand, I got my XXXL from www.topbuy.com.au

Paid about $80 for the crate and $20 postage to where I am for it. (It was on sale though, I think that crate is about $100 normally)

That's up to a third of the price of pet stores here

I'm in Melbourne, sorry.

Thanks for the suggestions Minxy and itsmeg. Had a look, they only have the smaller wire type cage available at present. The soft crate would not be suitable.

Will keep looking. Have my eye on one with castors, which might be suitable. Only thing is that the base is wire, which would be uncomfortable, but could try and find a good thick bed that might fit.

Thankyou guys! :rolleyes:

I have a 122cm wire crate I am thinking of selling if you are interested. I would have to measure it and get the other measurements.

I am outside of Melbourne though, i live near Mansfield. I do travel regularly to Benalla or Wangarratta if that helps.

I have a 122cm wire crate I am thinking of selling if you are interested. I would have to measure it and get the other measurements.

I am outside of Melbourne though, i live near Mansfield. I do travel regularly to Benalla or Wangarratta if that helps.

I'm assuming that's the length of it? If so, it's probably 83cm tall and 74cm wide as that's what mine is (122cm length)

Another option is to buy two wire compost bin packs from bunnings. They are made of 4 wire panels the same as you'd get on a wire crate. they come with connectors to make up the 'crate' and you can buy additional zipties to make it more secure. you make it 2 panels by one panel and 2 panels on top. I use it at shows and its a lot cheaper and easier to transport. mine cost about $50. They fit my borzoi so should fit most giant breeds.

My boy is due to go in for TPLO surgery soon and am trying to source a very large crate to keep him confined after the event. Wondering if anybody has a secondhand crate for sale. As you can imagine, the cost of the surgery is massive and thought maybe someone has one sitting around in their garage they might be happy to sell. Looking for a 48" size.

Thanks!

:)

Hi,

Found them here at Vebo Pet Supplies:

CollapsibleWireCrate107x71x76cm.jpg

During your search, if you hear of anyone selling two of the 42" crates which are slightly smaller than what you're after, could you please me know as we're chasing them as well (Vebo don't have the 42" in stock at the moment but they do have the 48" you're after).

Good luck with the op, our thoughts are with your boy.

Hmmm, what's your thoughts people on the soft crate..... has anyone used them for convalescing?? It might be more softer and comfortable for him??

Oh and was at the Pet Expo today and met a lady from Pet Homes Direct and they have 42" ones available. They were a nice sturdy unit too! They have an ebay store as well.

www.pethomesdirect.com.au