How Long Do I Give Him Puppy Food For?

What does it say on the breeder's diet sheet?

Personally I don't use puppy food at all but understand the point is to transfer them to adult food when they have completed their growth - which would be 6-8 months with a JRT but much later with giant breed.

What does it say on the breeder's diet sheet?

Personally I don't use puppy food at all but understand the point is to transfer them to adult food when they have completed their growth - which would be 6-8 months with a JRT but much later with giant breed.

I didnt get a diet sheet......

Thanks for the hint, so around 6-8 months ill start switching him over. I dont think he will have any problems, he loves his food.

Yes, until about 6 - 8 months old (whenever the puppy food bag is getting empty during that time, switch over to the adult food over the course of a week) if he drops weight, he may not have been ready to change over to adult food.

I think my vet said it would be ok to change over at 6 months. I have ACDx, he has Labs. I think smaller dogs mature faster. Just do it bit by bit. Ie mix a bit of the new stuff in with the old each night, a little bit more each feed, until it's all changed over. My packet recommended swapping 1/4 at a time.