Need Some Opinions On This Matter

I know its normal for a dog to tell off other dogs if there doing something they don't like but to tell off a dog for just coming up saying hello is a bit wrong. This little female golden was being submissive towards Shelley laying on her belly giving Shelley kisses, Then Shelley went to play with the puppy,then when the puppy went to play back Shelley snapped at her. Shelley has never shown any aggerssion towards other dogs, She has always been friendly and wanting to play. For the last 6 months eg ever since my auntie moved in with her dog is when i had problems with Shelley being like this. She is fine with humans altho keeps her distance from them too mainly cause she almost got stolen as a puppy.

Sometimes is the manner in which a dog approaches that gets the rebuff. Did you read the article I posted.

All I can suggest is that you figure out some manner of separting the two dogs in your house. If you don't I think there's every chance it will end in tears. I didn't realise when I posted that the two dogs lived together.

Your other option is a visit by a professional dog expert. If your Aunt won't listen to you, perhaps she'll listen to an expert who'll tell her if the behaviour doesn't stop, her dog may end up seriously injured or dead. If that happens, I'd not be looking to either dog for the blame.

I know its normal for a dog to tell off other dogs if there doing something they don't like but to tell off a dog for just coming up saying hello is a bit wrong. This little female golden was being submissive towards Shelley laying on her belly giving Shelley kisses, Then Shelley went to play with the puppy,then when the puppy went to play back Shelley snapped at her. Shelley has never shown any aggerssion towards other dogs, She has always been friendly and wanting to play. For the last 6 months eg ever since my auntie moved in with her dog is when i had problems with Shelley being like this. She is fine with humans altho keeps her distance from them too mainly cause she almost got stolen as a puppy.

Sometimes is the manner in which a dog approaches that gets the rebuff. Did you read the article I posted.

All I can suggest is that you figure out some manner of separting the two dogs in your house. If you don't I think there's every chance it will end in tears. I didn't realise when I posted that the two dogs lived together.

Your other option is a visit by a professional dog expert. If your Aunt won't listen to you, perhaps she'll listen to an expert who'll tell her if the behaviour doesn't stop, her dog may end up seriously injured or dead. If that happens, I'd not be looking to either dog for the blame.

Theres the problem my auntie won't listen just says thats what dogs do etc. She doesn't seem to care what happens, niether do my parents. My auntie didn't even take her dog to the vet after she found the wound, Just put betadine on it once and that was it. When she was checking her dog for any wounds Lady was growling and snapping at her. She lets Lady bark non stop which is getting annoying. Its like i am talking to a brick wall with my auntie. To her dogs are meant to bark,dig,chew things up,allowed to do what they want,eat what they want etc. Cause my dog Shelley is so well behaved she accuses me of kicking her to make her behave which is tottally not true. I do give a slight tap on her bottom to get her attention but that is it, The tap is more like a pat anyway. I'm so sick of bad dog owners, In one way i wish there was a licence for owning dogs like there is for reptiles.

I know its normal for a dog to tell off other dogs if there doing something they don't like but to tell off a dog for just coming up saying hello is a bit wrong.

did you read the article he just wants to say hi that was posted for you?

If you can - move out. Sorry but living like that would completely do my head in!

Or fence the yard in two the Aunties do in one side yours in the other. Inside if it has a go lock it in the toilet or something for time out.

Maybe I am just a cow who is more confrontational, but this would really drive me insane.

I know its normal for a dog to tell off other dogs if there doing something they don't like but to tell off a dog for just coming up saying hello is a bit wrong.

did you read the article he just wants to say hi that was posted for you?

Yes i did read the link posted.

but to tell off a dog for just coming up saying hello is a bit wrong.

Not really ... "saying hello" may not be as innocent as it appears to us. :confused: It depends on body language ,which is so subtle, often us humans cannot notice! Dog communication can be as simple as a sideways eye flick upon approach !

Ok i didn't think of the eyes thanks for that. Maybe i might keep my distance and allow Shelley who she wants to say hello to or not. She seems fine with the 4 month old male golden puppy and the 13 week old bernese mountain dog and all the adult dogs there. It's just this little 4 month old female golden puppy she doesn't really like. Which is a bummer cause its a cute puppy and just wants to play, She reminds me so much of Shelley when she was younger.