Brisbane Rspca Million Paws Walk

Aw man 7:30 in the MORNING, that's crazy talk :D Can't we do this the night before for everyone's sanity? (Okay maybe just my sanity :rofl: ) Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssszzz*gurgle* Should I make more than one stencil so that we can do them a few at a time? :)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw man 7:30 in the MORNING, that's crazy talk :D Can't we do this the night before for everyone's sanity? (Okay maybe just my sanity :rofl: ) Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssszzz*gurgle* Should I make more than one stencil so that we can do them a few at a time? :)

I don't know where you're located, but I know me and Keira are at WAY opposite ends of town....sooo the short answer? No we cant do it the night before, unless you can get the stencil to someone who will be there early... is a solution for you

Im just used to being up at 6am every day, it will take a while for the texta to dry, and I dont want to risk it rubbing off on my skin if its still wet, which is why I want to have them done early

Dju the other solution for you is if you are located near a Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology clinic, you can drop the stencil into one of the rooms with my details on it and have it shipped up to my via courier (I work for SNP) so if you want to do that let me know and we will work it out via PM

I don't even know what that is! :D I think the texta not drying beforehand will actually be a problem if you're going to do it on the day and not beforehand, ready for the Sunday (they'd take about an hour or more to dry, wouldn't they?). How long would the courier take? Because I have uni in the city on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursdays, so if there's one of those clinics in the city, I could drop them off there for you? :rofl:

I don't even know what that is! :D I think the texta not drying beforehand will actually be a problem if you're going to do it on the day and not beforehand, ready for the Sunday (they'd take about an hour or more to dry, wouldn't they?). How long would the courier take? Because I have uni in the city on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursdays, so if there's one of those clinics in the city, I could drop them off there for you? :rofl:

Where do you go for uni?

The courier will depend on where it gets dropped off, it needs to get to the far northern suburbs to me...there is a few courier bases in between, but Id say a few days and Ill have them.

The walk starts at 9, if we get there and do the shirts at 7.30 thats plenty of time for them to dry

Depends how long the stenciling takes, it should take about 10 minutes per shirt from past experience.

A few days? Maybe I can drop them off on to the city on Tuesday and they'll be with you by Friday or Thursday or something. Oh yeah, I go to QUT :D

Oooh, were Minxy and Flick coming?

Not sure, they haven't registered yet but I guess if they do decide to come they can pop into kmart or target to get shirts.

Sent you a PM about where I'm located :D

Received and replied :rofl:

Alrighty, I whipped something up real quick but I think it looks very nice.

xxx

What do you guys think? :rofl: We could have the pawprint on the bandanas for the dogs, and the whole text on the shirts for us.

Actually, I'll keep it a surprise. :D

Ooh also about placement, do you guys think the stencil will look better on the back of the shirt or the front? If it's on the back, we can put a pawprint logo on the front (in a corner somewhere off-center), but if it's on the front, then there's no need for anything on the back and etc etc :)

Sorry, force of habit being a graphic designer, everything in your brain has to "mesh" together somehow :(. My mother brought up the back/front issue when she was like "Size fourteen.. they're going to have boobies, Demi! Everyone's going to be staring at their boobies when they read it!" That's actually a good question though (maybe not about the boobs, but the placement)--if the stencil is on the front, people will only see it when they're facing us; if the stencil is on the back, people will only see it when they're behind us.

Edited by Dju

Alrighty, I whipped something up real quick but I think it looks very nice.

xxx

What do you guys think? :wave: We could have the pawprint on the bandanas for the dogs, and the whole text on the shirts for us.

Actually, I'll keep it a surprise. :cry:

Ooh also about placement, do you guys think the stencil will look better on the back of the shirt or the front? If it's on the back, we can put a pawprint logo on the front (in a corner somewhere off-center), but if it's on the front, then there's no need for anything on the back and etc etc :thumbsup:

Sorry, force of habit being a graphic designer, everything in your brain has to "mesh" together somehow :laugh:. My mother brought up the back/front issue when she was like "Size fourteen.. they're going to have boobies, Demi! Everyone's going to be staring at their boobies when they read it!" That's actually a good question though (maybe not about the boobs, but the placement)--if the stencil is on the front, people will only see it when they're facing us; if the stencil is on the back, people will only see it when they're behind us.

LMAO at your Mum's comment about boobies. That is halarious!!!

How about you just make up the stencil for the words and a stencil for the pawprint and then we can work it out from there :love:

FYI - Just so everyone knows I will pick up the stencils over the weekend and take them with me on the morning of. GG I am getting Dju to make up 2 of each stencil so we can work through faster :thumbsup:

Aaahh, the boobies thing is funny.

Everyone's enthusiasm for the shirts is very impressive. Seriously though, I would be happy to turn up with any coloured shirt, meet with fellow DOLers, and do the walk. Of course, I'm also happy to have a red shirt with writing on it, but I wouldn't want people to think they have to go to the trouble of stencils, meeting early for ink to dry, couriers, etc. The main point of the day for me is to meet with DOLers and their dogs. But maybe I'm just a bit unadventurous. :cry:

i think it should go on the back :D and i quite like your pawprint idea too :) gosh dju dont go to to much trouble though ;)
I think I prefer the idea of the words being splashed across the back too.. like "TEAM DOL" in a NASCAR race or something :shrug: We can walk into the walk with Top Gun sunnies on us and our dogs and the whole show will be blown away by our sheer awesomeness and--Okay, I really need to limit my morning intake of coffee, LOL.

I'll make a pawprint stencil on the cardboard I have left :). Having a wee bit of difficulty cutting them out (I work fast don't I lol), because I'm using fine scissors to try and stop the cardboard from freying. When transferring the words to the cardboard, I found that the paper would move about if I tried to color inside the stencil. So basically what I've been doing is drawing strokes/"fur" on the edge of the stencil and letting it run over onto the cardboard (I don't even know if I explained that right), and that made sure that the paper wouldn't move about. It gave my wrist a cramp. :o

Haha don't worry about it, Kitt. I would be happy to do the same as you, but when I do something, I don't like to do it only half-way, it's all in or all out! It's so much fun to go to effort to make something that you know will look awesome at the end of the day and people will appreciate (for me at least :p). And I mean Hugo's happily chewing on the words I'm cutting out and dropping onto the floor for him so to see that smile on his face is all worth making the stencils. :rofl:

Shirts have been paid for. I have emailed the seller explaining what they are for and that we require them for the 15th May and asking her to please post them as soon as possible once payment has shown up in her account. Fingers crossed they arrive by Friday!

YAAY! :laugh:

On a horrible, horrible note, I will be home this weekend because OH is still sick *sobs* No holiday for me. :o

Oh but then I get to meet you to give you the stencils :rofl: Maybe not all bad then.