My Maisie Is A Licking Machine

I own a gorgeous little Staffy that was actually a foster failure, she went to a new home and I was devastated and then she was returned 10 months later, definitely my gain I was so happy.

Anyway when she is excited she licks like a maniac, she will lick my other dog Murdock for ages, his ears and face, she licks my older dog Kenzie but not so much. She tries to lick hands all the time and is really a nutbag when she does it.

Any thoughts?????????

Edited by frenzied1

No thoughts, but you have my sympathy. I have a licker too.... he doesn't lick the toher dogs though, just me and the floors, but the other 2 have started licking his ears and the bitch licks my other dogs ears now. :laugh: This is a new thing and has only started in the last week or so.

We had a pug that did this to the other pugs, it was like she was in a trance so when ever she started doing it we got her attention and she stopped licking, took a few months to get her out of it but eventually she stopped.

This is turning into a sympathy thread :cheer: Oh well there is worse things she could be doing......

I have tried to distract her but she does honestly get a glazed frantic look and won't stop. She is more responsive to ceasing licking humans but poor Murdock doesn;t catch a break.

Yep sorry I have a licker too :) She licks the other dogs a little but loves licking us and any visitors. We have tried not giving her attention, reprimanding her, distracting but nothing has worked - she just can't help herself.