Something For Inspiration

BMAK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I don't find that inspirational at all, but cruel. Why would anyone let a puppy like that live ?

It is a dog not a child and dogs should be able to run and play like dogs.

I agree.

Why would a person really want to adopt a dog that is incapable of moving properly, and will probably end up with arthritis and all sorts of painful problems?

Especially when there are so many normal healthy dogs desperately looking for homes?

I found some other videos where he is in a cart and gets around really well. I don't think its cruel to keep him like that, would have been cruel to leave those back legs on though.

He looks very happy here:

Edited by Kirty

That is awful. :)

Plus this one, which demonstrates what has to be done to him every day to express his bladder and bowels:

Human ego overiding animal welfare at it's worst. :)

Agreed, its terrible. We have a dog that comes into the kennels we work out who has to be expressed ect its horrible... I feel so bad for the poor dog. Its no way to live cart or not!

It was a foster dog that they helped. that is like putting a dog down because it is deaf! i think that is cruel!

sorry but i don't see this as terrible, as the dog looks happy. if the dog was in any pain then yes i would consider this video wrong.

i can understand where it could be seen as cruel but that dog doesn't show any signs that he is in pain.

maybe i should have posted the wheel chair video with this one as i saw both before posting this.

my personal opinion, he is being well looked after and is loved.

It was a foster dog that they helped. that is like putting a dog down because it is deaf! i think that is cruel!

sorry but i don't see this as terrible, as the dog looks happy. if the dog was in any pain then yes i would consider this video wrong.

i can understand where it could be seen as cruel but that dog doesn't show any signs that he is in pain.

maybe i should have posted the wheel chair video with this one as i saw both before posting this.

my personal opinion, he is being well looked after and is loved.

It isn't like putting down a deaf dog. Deaf dogs don't usually go on to have conformational problems like this dog has and will have.

It is a foster dog, meaning it is a dog that somebody is putting up for sale. Passing on a dog with problems.

So how is that inspirational? Do you want to buy or own a deformed dog? Has it inspired you do do anything other than start this thread?

What about healthy dogs sitting in foster care trying to find good homes. Dogs with no problems at all that will make truly wonderful pets. Are you inspired to think about them? What happens when they get put down because nobody was inspired to adopt them? Is that cruel by your standards too? Or is it only cruel to put down deformed dogs?

Excellent post, greytmate. yes, this pup was advertised for adoption, so it's not as if loving owners suddenly were faced with a paralysed pup .....

Also - a lot of money and time was spent on this puppy , which perhaps could have helped place pups without all the extra responsibilities and care needed? :thumbsup:

edit - most deaf or blind dogs I've seen lead happy normal lives , without their owners having to manually toilet them, buy equipment, worry about health issues, or cope with all the nosey public/jouirnalists ...

Edited by persephone

It isn't about the fostering and costs which are normally donations anyway out of the public to save lifes and that is what has been done.

It wasn't about having other dogs more worthy then this one because he doesn't have legs,

it was about giving him a chance, which you are saying not too.

This dog was lucky enough to be saved. The dog is happy that should be all that matters, if the dog has had vetting done vets has obviously given the ok for it's health and safety.

I have done heaps for unfotunate dogs like this one, and fostered plenty and rehomed plenty for rescue so i find it rude for you to asume that..

Maybe inspirational was the wrong word which you have taken out of context, this dog was an ispiration. not the situation.

I don't think its cruel, he looks so freakin happy, why doesn't he deserve a life just because he doesn't have use of his back legs, it obvisouly doesn't hinder him too much. There will be a home out there that will fall in love with him. If he didn't have quality of life I could understand not putting the effort into him but the video shows him playing with other dogs, playing on his own, running around outside and not looking too bothered by it at all.

It may not be the best idea to put the resources into a disabled dog but its done now and he looks like a great dog.

I don't think its cruel, he looks so freakin happy, why doesn't he deserve a life just because he doesn't have use of his back legs, it obvisouly doesn't hinder him too much. There will be a home out there that will fall in love with him. If he didn't have quality of life I could understand not putting the effort into him but the video shows him playing with other dogs, playing on his own, running around outside and not looking too bothered by it at all.

It may not be the best idea to put the resources into a disabled dog but its done now and he looks like a great dog.

i agree totally.

He looks like a happy little mite not worried at all about the situation just moving on and being happy. He looks loads happier than some healthy dogs I have seen.

I found it inspirational the video made me laugh and cry but mostly because he just looks so darned happy. He has no trouble getting around with or without wheels and plays with the other dogs just fine.

Good on them for helping him.

He deserves a chance to live and be loved.

:thumbsup: If somebody wants to help a less fortunate dog, so be It

Who are we to judge??? And why should the fact that there are so many "other" healthy dogs looking for homes even come Into the equation? If the dog Is happy and not In pain he also deserves love and life just like the rest of them.