Prefix Help

emery

I got my 2nd choice in 2009.... first choice was Schonebar second choice was Schonebaren (the only difference is that Schonebaren is the plural) :rofl:

My Prefix means Beatuiful Bears which is what Rotty puppies look like, baby bears :rofl: sooooooo adorable!

Edited by TrinaJ

Definitely had to resubmit the exam as this was the part the people I know were most furious about.

By the way, when I moved from one state to Victoria just a couple of months ago and went to transfer my prefix, some horrible snappy & grumpy lady at the counter of Dogs Victoria, told me I had to redo my exam as every state was different. When I pointed out that the exam is through ANKC and the same exam is done Australia wide, she still insisted I resubmit the exam before my prefix could be transferred. I just took my paperwork home with me (1.25 hours drive) and sent it in. It was done without question but took almost 7 weeks :p

That is quite strange I transfered my prefix between states no worries without having to re-sit the exam. Also did not re-sit for my second prefix application.

I got what I think was my second choice in early 2010. I pissfarted around for soo long deciding between a certain two; and got my prefix from that. I love it.

If I didn't like it; I'd have to pay fees and submit another ten again.

Definitely had to resubmit the exam as this was the part the people I know were most furious about.

By the way, when I moved from one state to Victoria just a couple of months ago and went to transfer my prefix, some horrible snappy & grumpy lady at the counter of Dogs Victoria, told me I had to redo my exam as every state was different. When I pointed out that the exam is through ANKC and the same exam is done Australia wide, she still insisted I resubmit the exam before my prefix could be transferred. I just took my paperwork home with me (1.25 hours drive) and sent it in. It was done without question but took almost 7 weeks :rofl:

That is quite strange I transfered my prefix between states no worries without having to re-sit the exam. Also did not re-sit for my second prefix application.

We moved from SA to Victoria in 1996 and transferred our prefix without any need to re-submit or re-sit the exam (this was probably before the exam was even in place though)

We moved from Victoria to Tasmania last year, and again transferred our prefix without having to re-submit or re-sit the exam.

Not that we could have re-submitted anything. We got our prefix over 20 years ago, well before the exam existed so wouldn't have had anything to re-submit anyway :rofl:

My first 10 choices were rejected. I was then required to submit a further 20. :rofl:

I am happy with what I have luckily, but it was a nightmare trying to come up with all those names.

ETA: That was in 2007.

Edited by Got nuthin

By the way, when I moved from one state to Victoria just a couple of months ago and went to transfer my prefix, some horrible snappy & grumpy lady at the counter of Dogs Victoria, told me I had to redo my exam as every state was different. When I pointed out that the exam is through ANKC and the same exam is done Australia wide, she still insisted I resubmit the exam before my prefix could be transferred. I just took my paperwork home with me (1.25 hours drive) and sent it in. It was done without question but took almost 7 weeks :o

We moved from SA to Victoria in 1996 and transferred our prefix without any need to re-submit or re-sit the exam (this was probably before the exam was even in place though)

We moved from Victoria to Tasmania last year, and again transferred our prefix without having to re-submit or re-sit the exam.

Not that we could have re-submitted anything. We got our prefix over 20 years ago, well before the exam existed so wouldn't have had anything to re-submit anyway :laugh:

No no no.... I didn't have to re-submit my exam to tfr my prefix from state to state - the grumpy lady at the counter of Dogs Vic just told me that when I physically went in to do my transfer....SO I went home and mailed it in. The transfer was done with no problems, it just took a long time (7 weeks)

BUT the people I know who did not like their new PREFIX (like the original posters situation) and wanted another one had to re-submit their exam + pay the dollars again.