I Was A Bad Owner Yesterday....

W Sibs

My old Sam (Min Pin) was really good at getting locked in/out, any room, garage, outer yards etc. there would be a couple of indignant barks and when I opened the door/gate he would absolutely stalk past, head and tail high, rumbling and grumbling at me "how dare I lock him in/out"!!! Gee, those are their funny ways I miss.

My old Sam (Min Pin) was really good at getting locked in/out, any room, garage, outer yards etc. there would be a couple of indignant barks and when I opened the door/gate he would absolutely stalk past, head and tail high, rumbling and grumbling at me "how dare I lock him in/out"!!! Gee, those are their funny ways I miss.

Yeah.. i love dogs with attitude :laugh:

When I was young I accidentally locked the cat in my room for the day. She was so clever that she even did her wee in a myers bag (she even opened it up!).

Aw, megan, what a clean & clever puddy-cat. :laugh:

I have locked my youngest in his puppy pen during the night because he was barking at possums and digging up the backyard ... and then slept in the next morning because I was sick ... not waking until 1pm!!!

I then thought of getting up and feeding the dogs but decided since the boys had missed breakfast - they can have a light day and just get a few bones for dinner.

It wasn't until about 4pm when I got up to give them the bones ... that I realised I have left the youngest in the puppy pen ... a very desperate dog was quickly let out of the pen so he could have a toilet break. He was locked up for about 14hrs!!!!

:laugh: Poor Charlie, but I'm sure he was fine & just slept all day.

My old girl Jessie, who is 13 & totally deaf is always accidentally getting locked into rooms. She tends to follow us everywhere..but is so quiet that we never hear her half the time, & she is always sniffing under a bed or something that we don't see her either.

Because she can't hear us either she never knows when we leave the room & ends up getting locked in.

She's funny though she never barks or cries to be let out..& it is only when we realise we can't find her anywhere or when one of our other dogs starts barking or scratching at the door to let us know, that we realise that she has been locked in. :cheer:

Silly old girl, we really have to start remembering to check rooms properly before leaving them. :(

in the early days i accidently locked charlie in our bedroom for the day. He was fine. it was when he was chewing everything, so really, the room should have been trashed, but he just slept all day i think! nothing out of place. He LOVES our bed.

I've locked my cat in the pantry for about 4hrs :o

She must've snuck in there when I took the dog food out.

I heard her meowing when I got home and there she was in the pantry and she had knocked over her bag of food.... atleast she wasn't hungry :rainbowbridge:

that's ok i claim the bad pet owner award whole heartidly. could hear meowing yesterday couldn't find the cat so gave up. lunch time i open fridge and guess who wanders out ;) he went in whilst kids were getting school lunch out he is only a kitten so wasn't noticed. he was fine too but boy did i feel bad

A similar thing happend to my mother when we were little. She could hear meowing and she opened the fridge and out came the cat.

She thinks cat went in when she was packing the groceries away earlier :(

]I heard her meowing when I got home and there she was in the pantry and she had that's ok i claim the bad pet owner award whole heartidly. could hear meowing yesterday couldn't find the cat so gave up. lunch time i open fridge and guess who wanders out :o he went in whilst kids were getting school lunch out he is only a kitten so wasn't noticed. he was fine too but boy did i feel bad

OMG - poor little kitten, glad he is ok, my cat, charlie, is always trying to get into the fridge so she can eat the lettuce - she loves lettuce

]I heard her meowing when I got home and there she was in the pantry and she had that's ok i claim the bad pet owner award whole heartidly. could hear meowing yesterday couldn't find the cat so gave up. lunch time i open fridge and guess who wanders out :o he went in whilst kids were getting school lunch out he is only a kitten so wasn't noticed. he was fine too but boy did i feel bad

OMG - poor little kitten, glad he is ok, my cat, charlie, is always trying to get into the fridge so she can eat the lettuce - she loves lettuce

I've locked Night the cat in the fridge before ;) and Lestat our Lab has been left outside at night many times.

ok i am not feeling so guilty now seems to be common with cats lol.

i think he was after the ham no the lettuce rofl :(

One time I shut Kivi in the study overnight by accident. I didn't know he was in there when I shut the door. OH got up the next morning and wanted to know where Kivi was. A brief, mad hunt around the house revealed him standing patiently behind the study door waiting to be let out. I had to laugh. Only Kivi would just quietly wait 8 hours to be let out again. He didn't make a sound the whole time he was in there. It's possible he was standing there at the door for 8 hours... He's a bit special.

You just summed up Demi- she hides under beds/chairs and will get locked in and not make a peep. Often she has to be woken up to be kicked out of the room LMAO

The Kelpies also don't bark to be let out- I can run around the house calling for them frantically but not one of them will make a peep!! I think they sit in there doing tricks (because they are usually part way through their repertoire when i open the door) trying to work out which one of the tricks will make me open the door!!!!! I think they are special too......

that's ok i claim the bad pet owner award whole heartidly. could hear meowing yesterday couldn't find the cat so gave up. lunch time i open fridge and guess who wanders out :rofl: he went in whilst kids were getting school lunch out he is only a kitten so wasn't noticed. he was fine too but boy did i feel bad

I'll give you a run for your money in the bad owner awards...forget locking the kitten in the fridge, try between the outside door and the security screen! :) For a few hours! :) About 12 years ago we had a young kitten - didn't see the little tyke dash in when we shut the back door before going out. When we got home, heard the meowing, checked out all the cupboards in the back rooms, eventually narrowed the sound down to the laundry, looked behind the washing machine, IN the washing machine, half an hour after first hearing the meows we opened the door and she peeled herself off the security screen where she'd been plastered for 3 hours or so. Whoops. :rofl:

The Kelpies also don't bark to be let out- I can run around the house calling for them frantically but not one of them will make a peep!! I think they sit in there doing tricks (because they are usually part way through their repertoire when i open the door) trying to work out which one of the tricks will make me open the door!!!!! I think they are special too......

Your kelpies are broken. :thumbsup: When I asked the vet once years ago how to stop my girl barking at people walking on the OTHER side of the street, he asked "Is she a kelpie? If so just get used to it."

Having said that I think mine is broken too...I follow Jan Fennel methods, and the other day I had a couple of guests come over and Ella was barking as usual when someone arrives, so I put her in the bathroom. Technically when they are quiet you are supposed to let them out. She was quiet so I forgot her. For about two hours! JF method fail! Guests were leaving when I suddenly thought "Gees it's quiet, where's the dynamo?" Whoops number two. :rofl:

Hopefully our pets dont have an accurate sense time :thumbsup:

My boy once hid under my bed when he knew I was leaving for work, in protest I think of being turfed outside. I couldnt see him and probably just assumed I had already put him out. He hadnt had his morning pee or poo yet either :)

I came home 10 hours later to open my bedroom door to the most HORRENDOUS smell of trapped, accumulated farts, and one very relived dog. I think he pee'd and poo'd all at once when he finally made it outside. He never hid under the bed ever again! :rofl:

that's ok i claim the bad pet owner award whole heartidly. could hear meowing yesterday couldn't find the cat so gave up. lunch time i open fridge and guess who wanders out :provoke: he went in whilst kids were getting school lunch out he is only a kitten so wasn't noticed. he was fine too but boy did i feel bad

I'll give you a run for your money in the bad owner awards...forget locking the kitten in the fridge, try between the outside door and the security screen! :thanks: For a few hours! :( About 12 years ago we had a young kitten - didn't see the little tyke dash in when we shut the back door before going out. When we got home, heard the meowing, checked out all the cupboards in the back rooms, eventually narrowed the sound down to the laundry, looked behind the washing machine, IN the washing machine, half an hour after first hearing the meows we opened the door and she peeled herself off the security screen where she'd been plastered for 3 hours or so. Whoops. :rofl:

Your kelpies are broken. :birthday: When I asked the vet once years ago how to stop my girl barking at people walking on the OTHER side of the street, he asked "Is she a kelpie? If so just get used to it."

Having said that I think mine is broken too...I follow Jan Fennel methods, and the other day I had a couple of guests come over and Ella was barking as usual when someone arrives, so I put her in the bathroom. Technically when they are quiet you are supposed to let them out. She was quiet so I forgot her. For about two hours! JF method fail! Guests were leaving when I suddenly thought "Gees it's quiet, where's the dynamo?" Whoops number two. :rofl:

oops poor kitty gave me a giggle though :rofl:

I did this to my boy. He had water and didnt toilet all day either (until I let him out)

What he did do (that wasnt his fault) was dig at the door, he managed to get the carpet up and dig at the underlay down to the concrete and cause a 20 cm rip in the carpet. It cost $250 to repair and I learnt to check the bedrooms before going to work LOL