Seperation Anxiety

cavvysavvy

I hate leaving mine but I make sure they are all good before I go, they stay inside have the run of the house and have each other for company, however I do know they sleep the whole time I am gone well most of it anyway. They know as soon as I put on my work uniform that I am going and they are not so they all go to thier favorite spots and they get a small treat each and I walk out the door, I'm happy and so are they.

What is it in particular that you worry about??

I think I get more concerned when I leave home for work or uni rather than my dog...

Do others experience this also???

do you mean you miss them??

if so then yes I used to be like that with my little foxy

she was fine alone but I used to miss her and always hurried home to see her :hug:

When I was working they were used to the routine. I am home at the moment as I am not working. But when I am working again, I worry that they will get miss me being away all day. But they will adjust again. I wish I could be a tradie and have my babies with me al the time...or own a nursery or something where I can earn an income and have my dogs with me most of the day.

I think you'll find that all the tips for helping your dog overcome separation anxiety also work for you. :provoke:

NOT making a big fuss of them when you leave and ignoring them for 5-10 minutes when you get home seems hard at first, but after a while it just becomes habit, and because you don't make a big deal about leaving them, you can't get stressed about it. Also, when you see that your dog is calmer and more relaxed when you leave, you stop worrying about whether they'll fret. :birthday:

Nope.

What is that you worry about specifically?

I worry that he will get out of the yeard, even though it is secure, and I also worry about him missing me, as he is a real mummys boy. It never used to worry me until not long ago....

No. Mine have an awesome backyard, and each other. By the time I'm halfway down the driveway, they've turned their backs and are heading off to start their day, doing whatever they do when I'm at work.

On the days I'm home, they get mighty offended if I dare interrupt their routine with suggestions of walks, or play, or coming inside.

I'm not worried about leaving Zero but there are some days where he makes it bloody hard! We usually play some ball or do some training in the morning and he wags his tail and looks happy. When i go to leave, his tail drops and his ears go from being right on the top of his head, to the sides.

Poor boy looks soooooo sad.