Go Dasha!

A big Congrats to Dasha & Abby who are currently sheepdog trialling at Molong.

Last I heard Abby was winning encourage on a score of 85.

She also came very close in Novice, but DQd just as Dasha was closing the gate of the pen.

she had a very good run with Teisha her new young dog as well and managed to work her successfully through an issue she has had :laugh:

I think this is a pretty big deal for someone out there competing with a bunch of farmers, many of whom have been training dogs since Dasha was a baby.

Edited by Vickie

Well thanks for all the well wishes.

In the end we ended up 4th.

Funnily enough all the place getters were female handlers. And 3 out of 4 were from Sydney so things are changing.

Abby worked absolutely superbly.

Handler error was the blame. I took my time to get around without losing any points but it turned out I took too long.

She was also in season so her brain was a bit off.

But overall it was a good few days and my 2 dogs both improved on the things I had been working on at training so that is the main thin. The top scores will come when all the pieces of puzzle are joined.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

I took some pics of the weekend so may put some up too.

Edited by dasha

• 2 weeks later...

Oh that may be me!!!!

Me and my new dog Tiesha won the encourage at the 3 sheep trial at Rocley on the weekend.

Very happy with her as the sheep were extremely tough so she did a great job to get them around. And it is also only our 3rd trial together so she is improving really well.

Thanks Vickie. :laugh:

Seems like last weekend wasn't a fluke :love:

:laugh::o :o Another CONGRATS to Dasha for winning Encourage again! This time with Abby :love:

Those cockys must be starting to quiver in their boots when they see her arrive :rofl:

Thanks Vickie.

They do seem to keep trying to buy my dogs......maybe thats what they are up to.

Must have had them shaking in the improver untill the last second when the blood rushed to Abby's head and she blew it for our chance in the final.

Off to do some more pen training. Must fix that.

Will have to put it all to test this weekend at Willow tree before the dogs go on maternity leave for a few weeks.