Litters Due In June 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Lucy has started to nest, not in the lovely warm handmade whelping box with all the modern conveniences that she has been happy in for the last week or so, NO - back in her shed, in the dirt in a hole she has dug for herself! Will leave her there for the time being as she is happy and settled. It is nice and warm as the sun is on it. Will reassess this arvo when it starts to get cooler.

Now inside and destroying all the newspaper in the whelping box.

Edited by oakeydoak1

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy has started to nest, not in the lovely warm handmade whelping box with all the modern conveniences that she has been happy in for the last week or so, NO - back in her shed, in the dirt in a hole she has dug for herself! Will leave her there for the time being as she is happy and settled. It is nice and warm as the sun is on it. Will reassess this arvo when it starts to get cooler.

Now inside and destroying all the newspaper in the whelping box.

Good luck Oakeydoak1.

Ok looks like we are finished here. Started at 9:05pm, finished at midnight. 7 puppies. 3 choc and white boys, 1 black and white boy, 1 choc and white girl, 2 black and white girls. Mum is so proud of herself. Have taken a photo which I will upload tomorrow. Going to have a rest on the lounge where I can hear her and will check in another hour. Cant believe how quick the first 5 were, 5 in 1 1/2 hours! Glad I had the calcium which I gave her after pup 5 she was getting very tired. More in morning I am going to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Glad I had the calcium which I gave her after pup 5 she was getting very tired. More in morning I am going to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Congratulations! Lucy didn't waste any time once she started

Thanks Rebanne, no she didnt waste anytime at all!!

A quick photo of Lucy with her bubs. She is very tired and wont go out to the toilet. She has eaten and had a little water which I had to put in front of her. She is very protective and wont leave them for a second. Hopefully she will go out soon!!!

post-32892-0-59799000-1307318755_thumb.jpg

Congratulations oakeydoak1, Lovely litter and she delivered them so quickly for you :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think my girl might not be too far off ( Razz my totally food oriented girl refused breakfast this morning) this is the girl that only has to hear biscuits drop into the bowl and she is barking mad until served.

She has had no drop in temperature but on revisiting records for last 2 litters didn't happen at all then either BUT she did eat a full dinner 30 minutes before whelping last time :eat: ( 2 years ago ) :vomit:

A quick photo of Lucy with her bubs. She is very tired and wont go out to the toilet. She has eaten and had a little water which I had to put in front of her. She is very protective and wont leave them for a second. Hopefully she will go out soon!!!

Awwwww!!! Congrats to you and Lucy. Hope you had a good night.

Congratulations oakeydoak1, Lovely litter and she delivered them so quickly for you :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think my girl might not be too far off ( Razz my totally food oriented girl refused breakfast this morning) this is the girl that only has to hear biscuits drop into the bowl and she is barking mad until served.

She has had no drop in temperature but on revisiting records for last 2 litters didn't happen at all then either BUT she did eat a full dinner 30 minutes before whelping last time :eat: ( 2 years ago ) :vomit:

ooh good luck. Hope it all goes well for you!

Congratulations!! And I thought Jazz getting out 9 in 8 hours was impressive!

I had to put Jazz on lead the first few days - had to drag her to get out of the box but once outside she was fine but very quick to toilet and run back in.

Congratulations!! And I thought Jazz getting out 9 in 8 hours was impressive!

I had to put Jazz on lead the first few days - had to drag her to get out of the box but once outside she was fine but very quick to toilet and run back in.

Thanks Piper, I have managed to get her out twice but she is so quick. How long did Jazz pant for afterwards? Lucy is eating well but still a little slow on the water intake. I suppose she will drink what she wants.

Thanks Piper, I have managed to get her out twice but she is so quick. How long did Jazz pant for afterwards? Lucy is eating well but still a little slow on the water intake. I suppose she will drink what she wants.

Hmm well I am hardly a wealth of experience with it being only my first litter but I was worried about milk production and keeping fluids up so I was adding a lot of liquids to her food - natural yoghurt, goats milk. I had tried to get fenugreek powder but couldn't get any and could only get tea so was making that and adding it - she seemed to like the taste, it had quite a sweet smell. As for panting - she did that quite a lot and continued trying to nest outside for about a week. I was told that it was probably due to the uterus contracting back to normal and it could feel like labour type pains to her. Jazz is also quite a "hot" dog and always seems to pant more than my others anyway. But if worried I would add some stock or something to her water to get her to drink more. What about ice - does she like ice? My boys used to love ice cubes so I could get extra fluid into them that way. Piper and Jazz are not so keen on ice though so it is no good for them.

Congrats on the safe arrival of your puppies. What a good range of colours and sexes.

No exciting news to report here. Lele seems to be about the same weight as last week i haven't seen any dramatic inflation of the stomach region. Still detirmind to sleep on the sofa so I've built some stepping blocks for her. Boobies are a bit more enlarged this week, counting down the days.