Litters Due In June 2011

Bilbo Baggins

Master 7 is of the opinion that she is going to have 99-100 babies, Rebanne - are you ready for that? :laugh:

as long as master 7 is prepared to take his share, oh, lets say 90 of them :laugh:

:eek:

Master 7 is ecstatic at the thought - but I know WHO will end up cleaning up the puppy poo, so will regretfully decline the honour on his behalf... :D

life is so unkind

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we had the one week weigh in. The puppies have put on between 200 to 350g. Poor little Lucy though as got an infection on her belly so is on antibiotics and has to be washed every day. :(

pics? Poor Lucy, hope it clears up quickly

Master 7 is of the opinion that she is going to have 99-100 babies, Rebanne - are you ready for that? :laugh:

as long as master 7 is prepared to take his share, oh, lets say 90 of them :laugh:

Wasn't there a Simpsons episode on that?? :laugh:

Mango is doing well. Doing some deadly farts but other than that she's great, eating lots, happy in her little "den" (she'll have the puppies in my room, I've set up a pen etc for her which she has very much settled in to). I've been taking her temperature 3 times a day just to get an idea of her natural rhythms, they drop 1 degree before they give birth, is that correct? It'll be any day now, I've heard it isn't uncommon for Papillons to have pups 5 days early, well 5 days is today, she doesn't look like she's about to have pups, but they were giving me a few big strong kicks today!

I'm very excited, yet trying to stay focused on study for my exam on Friday. My sister is coming up on Saturday and I'm hoping Mango will hold out until then, because Claire is a vet nurse and just having her here will relax my nerves on the big day!

Oh and my prefix certificate arrived today, Prydenjoy, I'm very happy with that :D

I'm very excited, yet trying to stay focused on study for my exam on Friday. My sister is coming up on Saturday and I'm hoping Mango will hold out until then, because Claire is a vet nurse and just having her here will relax my nerves on the big day!

Oh and my prefix certificate arrived today, Prydenjoy, I'm very happy with that :D

How exciting, good that you have someone around to help you. Doubt you will ever be relax about the first litter but you sound like you are all organsied and having your sister around will certainly be reassuring. :thumbsup:

I love your prefix, very clever name. ;)

We also are having those lovely green gassy farts, clear the room type jobs. I have the whelping box set up in the bedroom but my girl is not due till 9-10 days, i think she may pop before then.

Put on another 1/2 kilo this week.

10.5 kilos now for one tiny cavalier she is shuffling those legs like walking on stilts, dare i say her trips to the bathroom are no longer on the lawn but back padio, she is relucant to walk on the grass as her belly gets wet. :rofl:

All is well here, besides the odd loose bowel movement we are still holding it together. :D

Sounds like everyone is doing well and there are more puppies not too far away. Good luck!

Can't believe that my puppies are two weeks old today, it has gone so quickly. Most of their eyes are open and they are like leeches everytime Penny gets into the whelping box. She is such a good mum though and they are all putting on weight. A couple of the boys are now over 1kg.

post-27941-0-17177900-1308186126_thumb.jpg

Sounds like everyone is doing well and there are more puppies not too far away. Good luck!

they are so cute!

I am getting very puppy clucky, not sure Fern is though :laugh:

Thanks Rebanne,

The puppy breathe in my bedroom is to die for. :rofl:

I think Fern will be very happy once they are all out!

I love your prefix, very clever name. ;)

We also are having those lovely green gassy farts, clear the room type jobs. I have the whelping box set up in the bedroom but my girl is not due till 9-10 days, i think she may pop before then.

Put on another 1/2 kilo this week.

10.5 kilos now for one tiny cavalier she is shuffling those legs like walking on stilts, dare i say her trips to the bathroom are no longer on the lawn but back padio, she is relucant to walk on the grass as her belly gets wet. :rofl:

All is well here, besides the odd loose bowel movement we are still holding it together. :D

Thank you, my first Papillon's prefix is "Joytoy", I didn't even realise the connection until after it was approved. I used "Pryde" as I was in Ryde when I was thinking of prefixes :laugh:

Good luck with the puppies!

Ok looks like we are finished here. Started at 9:05pm, finished at midnight. 7 puppies. 3 choc and white boys, 1 black and white boy, 1 choc and white girl, 2 black and white girls. Mum is so proud of herself. Have taken a photo which I will upload tomorrow. Going to have a rest on the lounge where I can hear her and will check in another hour. Cant believe how quick the first 5 were, 5 in 1 1/2 hours! Glad I had the calcium which I gave her after pup 5 she was getting very tired. More in morning I am going to get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

that was good speed, mine usually take forever, having said that I had one bitch that popped out 13 in 3 hours from 3pm - 6pm. Loved her for it :)

Can't believe that my puppies are two weeks old today, it has gone so quickly. Most of their eyes are open and they are like leeches everytime Penny gets into the whelping box. She is such a good mum though and they are all putting on weight. A couple of the boys are now over 1kg.

looking great!

Mango's temp is down between .5 and 1 degree. She only ate half of her breakfast this morning. Thinking puppies might not be too far away :thumbsup:

That does sound promising, goodluck! :thumbsup:

Fordogs, nice little bungle of worms you have there, i mean German Shepherd puppies. :laugh:

Edited by Cavalblaze