Uti Or Something Else?

Just after a little advice. I have in the past been a little to vet happy and gotten worried over things that were normal for puppyhood. But not sure about this one.

Poppy is over a year old now. Sleeps on our bed and rarely wakes to use the toilet during the night. Last night I took her out 4 times (she does this little routine to indicate she wants to go out). She also wee'd in the ensuite which she hasn't done since she was 10 weeks old.

Yesterday I was making wedding invites and was inthe study which is usually kept shut. She did 3 wees in there on the carpet. I thought it was a new area, gotta wee type thing but now I'm wondering if she might have a UTI.

One last thing. 3 times during the night she jumped down off the bed and proceeded to yelp and cry. I comforted her and she snuggled up next to me and went back to sleep.

She seems alert and fine this morning and I had a look at her girly bits which look fine. I prodded around and no yelping or crying.

What could this be???

Bobbi did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago, but I thought it was because she's still trying to get used to her new home. The next day she had another set of accidents in the house but I notice there's a couple drops of blood in her urine. Another thing I noticed is that she was drinking at least twice as much, so the next day we went to the vet and they check her bladder and stomach to rule out stones. Gave her a set of anti biotic and she hasn't had any other accident since.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Yes, sounds like a possible UTI. The yelping may be unrelated or it may be that it stings and burns when she urinates, or she may have stones as suggested.

If she has stones, they need to determine which type they are so that she can be treated to prevent them occuring in the future. A simple way of testing for crystals (which usually lead to stones) is to catch some urine on paper. Let the paper dry in the sun. If you see crystals reflecting back where the dried urine is, you'll know she is at risk of developing stones and you will need to keep treating to ensure you minimise the risk and hopefully stop the crystals forming.

Thanks everyone! We went to the vet and she does have cystitis/a bladder infection. Her temp was up a bit too. She got an anti inflammatory shot and some antibiotics. Here's hoping we all get some sleep tonight! Poor sausage! :p

Poor Poppy, hoping she is feeling better soon!

Thanks! Shes snoozing on the couch with me! Hoping this snoozing continues tonight! Lol!

I hate to see her in pain and not know what is wrong with her! Was horrible!