Instead Of A Tarp Use A Pvc Table Cloth For Protection.

SwaY

I know a few of us use a whelping box that has no floor in them, and many use a tarp to protect the carpet/floor etc.

Today I came across a $2 item I thought would be ideal for floor protection at the bottom of a Whelping Box.

It is a flannel backed PVC tablecloth from Coles for $2 it measures 132 x 178cm.

I have tested this out today with paper underneath and I poured 1ltr of water on it, 5 hours later it has still not seeped through, by now the tarp would have leaked.

:laugh:

I have tested this out today with paper underneath and I poured 1ltr of water on it, 5 hours later it has still not seeped through, by now the tarp would have leaked.

:laugh:

:p did you have nothing better to do :scared:

thanks for the tip and the test :laugh:

I use cheap lino from the warehouse but I might add a tablecloth as well

Edited by Rebanne

Hmmmmmmmm, I tend not to tip litres of water on the floor of my whelping area but whatever taps your bucket :D.

Can just imagine one of our girls flying around the corner to get to her puppies and ripping holes right through it. But DEXTER would just looooooooooooooooooooove that on the floor - you are spoiling that puppy, he'd better come and stay with me for a while :rofl:

Hmmmmmmmm, I tend not to tip litres of water on the floor of my whelping area but whatever taps your bucket :thumbsup:.

Can just imagine one of our girls flying around the corner to get to her puppies and ripping holes right through it. But DEXTER would just looooooooooooooooooooove that on the floor - you are spoiling that puppy, he'd better come and stay with me for a while :rofl:

No, you don't use it on it's own. :D

I have no floor in my whelping box so I put down carpet then a tarp, then paper then vetbed or carpet for the mum and puppies to lay on.

The tarp/tablecloth is to protect the permanent flooring which your whelping box sits on.

Have you see what the little bugger has been up to today? Devilish Dexter :champagne:

You are most welcome to look after the cheeky monkey any time you like - that's if your game enough! :)

Hmmmmmmmm, I tend not to tip litres of water on the floor of my whelping area but whatever taps your bucket :thumbsup:.

No, you don't use it on it's own. :D

I have no floor in my whelping box so I put down carpet then a tarp, then paper then vetbed or carpet for the mum and puppies to lay on.

The tarp/tablecloth is to protect the permanent flooring which your whelping box sits on.

Have you see what the little bugger has been up to today? Devilish Dexter :champagne:

You are most welcome to look after the cheeky monkey any time you like - that's if your game enough! :)

Ahh - ok that makes more sense - sorry I get up too early for work :thumbsup:.

And I nearly stole him on my way out of Ovens Valley but thought your beautiful daughter might be a tad upset :birthday:.

And I nearly stole him on my way out of Ovens Valley but thought your beautiful daughter might be a tad upset :thumbsup:.

I'm not sure how all these threads turn into ones about Dexter but I must admit he looked cute in my dog yard!

And I nearly stole him on my way out of Ovens Valley but thought your beautiful daughter might be a tad upset :(.

I'm not sure how all these threads turn into ones about Dexter but I must admit he looked cute in my dog yard!

Because he is cute!

215988_111564502259583_110675969015103_105510_4387347_n.jpg

Didnt you have a Griff puppy?

We did back in 2009 he did not work out show wise, so he went back to his breeder where she desexed and pet homed him.

We have been waiting for 18months+ for another one.

When Amy had a litter of puppies she offered us one for my daughter to show as she knew we wanted something for her to show.