Dutch Sherpherd Agility..wow

Monah

I know there's a few dutch shep enthusiasts/fans on DOL and an agility nut friend sent me a youtube (I can't do links!! though) named Zippo Dutch Shepherd Agility and OMG!!! it's fantastic. I think it's a plice dog named Buddi.. If anyone can link it on here that would be great, or else take a look, well worth it!!! Incredible dog.. :) ;) :) :D

thanks Kaff.

I think it's impressive, they do have a safety net and their tails are up. I know when my girl is not happy with something you can tell straight away. I should imagine they have had a lot of training to get to this stage, tiny steps...

Yep, there are a number of other clips with pups doing foundation exercises which gives you an insight into what leads up to this.

Glad there's a safety net, I didn't see that.

Eta, the clicker stuff is interesting. Can't see that reinforcement is given with the click, not sure how that works

Edited by Vickie

I should imagine they have had a lot of training to get to this stage, tiny steps...

I just had a look at some of their other videos. "Yes" to "lots of training" and "no" to "tiny steps"! Remarkable dogs, not convinced about the training though, OH&S is a bit scary. Very impressive to see all the exciting stuff, a little bit frightening to think what could go wrong.

Yep, there are a number of other clips with pups doing foundation exercises which gives you an insight into what leads up to this.

Glad there's a safety net, I didn't see that.

Eta, the clicker stuff is interesting. Can't see that reinforcement is given with the click, not sure how that works

Yeah I was confused about that also!

thanks Kaff.

I think it's impressive, they do have a safety net and their tails are up. I know when my girl is not happy with something you can tell straight away. I should imagine they have had a lot of training to get to this stage, tiny steps...

The dog is also grimacing, panting and showing the whites of it's eyes.

Incredible, yeah- incredibly stressed!!! :laugh:

The safety net is superfluous if you are a dog and can't reason that it's OK to fall. :thanks:

Funny looking cats :laugh:

:D Here's some more.

Malinois, not Dutchies but they could give my cat a run for his money!

Wow amazing dogs... I think I'll have to have one of these one day when I've earned enough to just stay away and focus entirely on a dog. I get the strong impression you couldn't leave these at home ie not for the part-time dog owner.

Funny looking cats :laugh:

:D Here's some more.

Malinois, not Dutchies but they could give my cat a run for his money!

Those ones look a lot more comfortable, but I can't say I blame the Dutchies for looking uncomfortable - not a fan of heights myself!