Food Names

sandgrubber

My son named our Golden Retriever Bruce and when the breeder asked what name we wanted for his pedigree we said BRUCE ALMIGHTY - but apparently that had too many letters and was declined. So the breeder asked what other name we'd like and we said just BRUCE will be fine so that's what she named him "JUST BRUCE" :)

The same son named his snake Peaches (because she has such a sweet nature :) )

I had a silky bantam hen called Watermelon when I was a teenager. This was in protest of the fact that I wanted to call our white hen Pineapple and I got outvoted and she got called Snow instead. :) When I got my grey silky bantam I could call her whatever I liked, so Watermelon it was. The second rabbit I got was called Kat so I had Kit the hare as well, thus, Kit Kat. I used to name a lot of the temporary animals at our school farm. One lamb got called Lamington and one year my friends and I trained a steer called Freddo. Another steer got called Sir Loin by some other kids. Last year I met a dog at the shelter called Noodle. He was completely neurotic and probably the most irritating dog I've ever met. I swear he had some kind of neurological disorder.

My son named our Golden Retriever Bruce and when the breeder asked what name we wanted for his pedigree we said BRUCE ALMIGHTY - but apparently that had too many letters and was declined. So the breeder asked what other name we'd like and we said just BRUCE will be fine so that's what she named him "JUST BRUCE" :)

We got asked what name we wanted for our bulldog, We told her Duke was going to be his name

We didnt know we were actually giving him his papered name! Poor old duke was named "Im Duke" BORING!

My grandparents had a dachshund called "Chips" (don't know why they called him that). I currently have a "Candy". I'm not a huge fan of human names (or at least commonly used human names) for dogs...that's just my personal thing, but I do like some of the food (and drink) names in this thread - might have to make some notes for the future. :)

I show a "Chip" and the breeder also has a "Spud" - they were different breeds but the litters were quite close in age.

Had a chocolate coloured cat called Snickers. It was perfect, he was a ratbag but always looked like he was grinning/laughing about it. :) Miss him everyday. :)

Can only think of the lady's real name, not her DOL name, but she has a greyhound named Pickles!! I LOVE it and would really love to use it one day for a Fauve. I've also thought of Parsley for a dog :thumbsup:

I like anything that is a little left of centre and if that means food or old-fashioned human names, or bogan names or whatever, I'm happy.

A certain DOLer had a pug called Gherkin. I don't think you can get a better name for a Pug! :thumbsup: She also has a Peach which suits her red merle Aussie perfectly.

Dotty where are you? :thumbsup:

Ive only just seen this :thumbsup: Gherkin suited the puggy wuggy perfectly! I know its ridiculous but I'm also planning on calling Peaches babies food names, I LOVE them!