Really Cool Sign!

Leelaa17

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sign will not protect you if your dog bites someone, on your land, or any other land.

I know this?

As I have said more than once on this thread - this is a thread about funny signs people have - whether they are up or not? Do you honestly think that people on here think a sign will protect someone?

I mean, HOPEFULLY, it might deter someone if they see 'beware of dog' etc etc etc... but seriously. We're not idiots.

I have one that says 'A house is not a home without a dog.' I got it off ebay, it hangs above my dog's bed. :eek:

Mine is very similar it says 'A home without a dog is just a house'. Except mine should say 'a dog or TWO' :mad

And I know this is DOL so of course there will be people out there wanting to turn this 'funny' thread into a debate but seriously people, keep it to posting funny signs you've seen or have!

With regard to signs, I've always been told that you should have a neutral dog sign such as 'Warning: dog on property' because it just alerts people that there is a dog around. But you should avoid signs such as 'Guard dog on duty' because they imply that you know the dog is dangerous.

I have had a few of the signs mentioned, but the sign on my front door says 'That's MS Crazy Cat Lady to you!' :o

With regard to signs, I've always been told that you should have a neutral dog sign such as 'Warning: dog on property' because it just alerts people that there is a dog around. But you should avoid signs such as 'Guard dog on duty' because they imply that you know the dog is dangerous.

I have had a few of the signs mentioned, but the sign on my front door says 'That's MS Crazy Cat Lady to you!' :)

Thats exactly what i heard :laugh:

As advised by friends in the legal profession:

If you want to put up a sign advertising that there are dogs on the property, the one that is least likely to get you into any trouble if your dog hurts anyone inside your boundary is:

"Dogs loose on property".

Anything with the word "warning" or "caution" can be construed to mean that you knew your dogs could hurt someone. It would then be up to you in court to prove otherwise.

Edited to add "beware", "guard" and "duty" to the list of words to avoid. Whilst the sign "Guard dog on duty" at a property occupied by a Chi is just plain cute and funny, if said Chi attacks (in some states an attack can be defined as the dog running at you) and the victim presses charges, that funny sign could end up seriously hurting you in the hip pocket and getting the Chi put down.

Back on topic - this is our doormat:

doormat.jpg

Edited by Dxenion

As advised by friends in the legal profession:

If you want to put up a sign advertising that there are dogs on the property, the one that is least likely to get you into any trouble if your dog hurts anyone inside your boundary is:

"Dogs loose on property".

Anything with the word "warning" or "caution" can be construed to mean that you knew your dogs could hurt someone. It would then be up to you in court to prove otherwise.

doormat.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up for me i was a tad confused :):laugh: and i love the sign did you get it off ebay? or from a shop? lol

doormat.jpg

.......and i love the sign did you get it off ebay? or from a shop? lol

I found this mat by accident when googling for another door mat design we spotted on 'Send in the Dogs'. We couldn't find the crest door mat in Australia so we approached a few custom door mat manufacturers here but the cost to design and print the mat was astronomical.

We ended up buying it from Jakes Dog House, the only US company we found that would ship to Australia. The link is for another version of the mat (not sure if they still sell the crest version). Jon Stein (the CEO) is very personable and he bent over backwards to help us with our order.

Guest Panzer Attack!

Luke's neighbours have a black sign saying 'beware of dog' - it's so funny when their two baby JRTs come running out to say hello! They are the most adorable and friendly pups :thumbsup: