Found A Dog Tonight

Sutton

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have the one photo on my fb as they all come running towards me and is hard to take a good pic unless its feed time :(

but i can get some more during the day,i put a link up a few posts up

I only have the one photo on my fb as they all come running towards me and is hard to take a good pic unless its feed time :(

but i can get some more during the day,i put a link up a few posts up

Oh i see :) she is pretty im sure once her leg is better you will find a good home for her.

I guess i should get her to the vet as i doubt this man would have any part of it.

Ill have a better look at her leg during the day and see what i can do.

My rottweiler boy has been a bit jelous and following her around the yard too,hes been a bit stressed since she got here.

And my oh isnt very happy that this guy didnt come pick her up,i think ill be taking him with me when i go see the owner.

If he gives me his address that is.

I waited around for an hour for him to show and she was waiting at the gate,looking out the hole. Pretty sad actually.

I thought he would atleast come see her and tell me in person rather than over the phone. Especially as he was coming back today from wherever he was and he lives about 10 minutes from me.

p4221338medium.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p4221340medium.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sore leg. cant really see much

I looked at her belly and there is a scar but it doesnt look fresh and her tummy is hairy too.

She has taken my mind off of my friend though whose funeral was wednesday,so maybe im a bit more emotional for this dog after having lost a friend a week earlier and attending the funeral the day before i found her.

Will be hard giving her away now,although she seems to be pacing the yard. Missing her owner i think

Edited by lucious

Here is the link to border collie rescue, contacts. 2 in Victoria are the nearest.

http://www.bcra.org.au/contacts.html

Give them a call, I am sure they can be of some support or may even be able to arrage a foster home if you need that.

I also know a gal in SA who working border collies, if BC resecue can not help and you get in a bind, PM and I will give you her contact.

She is a nice looking girl, working bred I would say.

Edited by shortstep

I dont know why people like this have pets,and i dont want to give her back tomorrow

:rofl: be careful what you wish for .

she seems to be pacing the yard. Missing her owner i think

Don't leave her alone in the yard- she may well try & scale the fence to go 'home', poor thing- she must be so confused, and if your Rottie is not welcoming, she may be wanting to get out of his territory.

She looks in good condition - nice & shiny, & lean :vomit:

Hopefully after the legalities are done ,she will find a nice home with plenty of company,and stuff to do :vomit:

Best of luck with her.

She certainly is full of beans! We were playing ball with her til late last night and today!

Ive never had a dog like this before and its amazing how smart she is. She will bring you the ball and flick it towards you with her nose!

He said hes paid so much in pound fees because she keeps getting out that this would be the best option, i must sound like a real sucker on the phone lol

I did feel bad for her though.

She runs around fine on the leg and is super fast,would it be ok to take her for a walk if shes still active on that leg??

Wouldnt mind taking her to see my horses and the cows and sheep down the street.

My brother is pretty peeved the guy didnt pick her up or even offer any money for food or anything,everyone thinks shes gorgeous though!

Shes good with the rotty but he gets jelous when we play ball with her becasue he cant keep up,poor bugger lol

And hes been following her around like a bad smell too :thumbsup:

I wouldve posted earlier but have been easter shopping all day. Will call this guy monday to get her papers etc as i havent recieved any calls back today,even though our second convo was cut short because of bad service.

Shes much more settled today though,and been playing with her ball. She hasnt been waiting at the gate today either.

Like i said if i hadnt already bought a puppy a week ago which is due to come home in 1 month then i wouldnt mind keeping her :eek:

While there may have been lots of things this owner should have/could have done - he didn't. My thoughts are that he probably kept her on when his wife left ... perhaps he had the kids occasionally, and they played with her ... Being a truckie- no, he wouldn't be home much , and everyone has their breaking point - pound fees, getting calls saying "we've found your dog " (again)..not being a 'doggy' person ..and being away so much and perhaps to spite his wife , he jumped at the chance to have her in a nice home somewhere :eek:

Which is why I am really hoping that all the paperwork gets done! if she is in the wife's name ..then she will need to know ..whatever, the dog needs to be properly signed over, or whatever happens .. :thumbsup:

I spoke to my parents at length, but they are not able to offer her a foster :laugh: They have had foster dogs through there for a while, and my Dad now has a new job thats keeping him out quite late, and my mother cannot give the time needed for two dogs :rofl: The last one that went through them was quite a dominant male, so its lessened Bellas excitement over playmates, so they are concentrating on her for the moment.

I just wish I was closer to help out. I would try what the other poster said about breed rescue, she looks like a beautiful dog, and I have such a soft spot for border collies.

I am sorry I upset that other poster with a word I used, I was daydreaming back to something that happened a while ago, and it hit a raw nerve.

Since I am so far away, theres not much help at all I can be, but if theres anything you can think of that I could help out with, let me know and I will try my best.

I hope she finds a beautiful new home where she is loved for every second xxxx

Yes its easy to jump to conclusions - I did too - and yet know I know the full story I feel sorry for the previous owner and for Molly - but pleased he has done the right thing for his dog. After all she may have injured her leg after running away from him and he may not have known.

Glad she fell into the arms of a DOLer who can now find her a forever home. :laugh:

X 2.!!!!!