Dog Friendly Accommodation At The Snow

Sky_Mel

Hi All,

My partner and I want to go away for a weekend with our fur child in winter and looking for recommendations of pet friendly accommodations in Victoria where is snows.

We have been told that Falls Creek and Hotham don't allow dogs that aren't residents of the area.

Any info would be great.

Mel

There are some dog friendly accommodations at Dinner Plain, however I don't know if you are allowed to have dogs up there (non-resident) during the ski season. I have a feeling the property rental place is called Dinner Plain Accommodations - they don't list places as being peet friendly but last time I was up there in the office they had advertised places as pet friendly. I'll see if I can actually find out the right name!!!

This one is in Thredbo, NSW, but is nice and is dog friendly.

http://www.bimblegumbie.com.au/

How can they allow dogs when dogs are not allowed in the national park?? :(

It's closer to Perisher and Charlottes pass than Thredbo if you check out the link. It's also not located in National Parklands. Looks a good spot though, have always wanted to see how my dog reacts to snow!

It does look nice but it does not often snow that far down. We went to the edge of the National Park last year and went higher than BimbleGumbie and although it was cold there was no actual snow except up in the mountains.

I have stayed at Bimblegumbie and it is really nice. I didn't take my dogs but a few friends did and they were all made very welcome.

I don't think it normally snows where it is but it can. Judging by the random weather events we have had lately anything can happen.