Does This Drawing Look Like A Gsd?

Dogsrawesome

"Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" is an excellent book you might want to borrow from the library. Can't remember who wrote it right now sorry (possibly a Betty someone?) but it's pretty famous, so you should be able to find it easily. :thumbsup:

I actually think ive seen it before in shops, might go see how much it is and then beg mum to buy it for me :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure that was one of the texts that I used to learn to draw. I couldn't remember the name.

You will probably find it in a library.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone has artistic talent Bow Wowy, the hard part is finding a style that works for you!

Case in point, Kylie, her drawings are amazing, anything I draw in colored pencils comes out completely wrong!

Completely agreed. I was told the same thing in high school, Bow Wowy. While I'm not fantastic at it (I'm better at coding) I get paid for being a web DESIGNER. How I got there with no artistic talent is beyond me. :thumbsup:

Gorgeous drawings everyone!

bowwowy - thats horrible, I was also told the same thing by my teacher, she really didnt like me and I didnt learn much in school because she was making us do only abstract pictures instead of learning some key important basics which I ended up having to teach myself like understanding the colour wheel and working with light and dark etc. It annoys me that I did not learn anything from art in high school :thumbsup:

dograwesome - I am VERY glad you will take what i say constructively :thumbsup: I am very glad that you are open to learning and improving and I really encourage you to persue your artistic ability, with your abilities now, if you continue to practice and learn you will absolutely amazing in no time.

Btw in regards to books, I would HIGHLY recommend going to the link below to some free downloads of books authored by andrew loomis - an amazing artist and a brilliant teacher, his books will really assist in helping you improve :) These books have been openly available for free download by artists for artists, as his books are very rare (no longer produced) and really old you would be lucky to find an original for sale for under $100. But thankfully some of the older professional artists at conceptart.org scanned theirs to share Andrew's knowledge and expertise.

Books by Andrew Loomis

if its any book any professional artist would suggest its Andrew Loomis's books ;)

I hope you continue to show us your work as you go!

Edited by kyliegirl

Its nice to see such a supportive and encouraging thread!!

My Nana on my Mums side is an artist, she does beautiful landscape work. She has sold some of her art in small gallery shows in New Zealand - I wish I inherited her talent as well as her love for animals :laugh:

"Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" is an excellent book you might want to borrow from the library. Can't remember who wrote it right now sorry (possibly a Betty someone?) but it's pretty famous, so you should be able to find it easily. :laugh:

Yep, Betty Edwards. I have also suggested that book to dogsrawesome in a previous thread. It's a great book for understanding and learning how to draw.

Edited by Kirislin

bowwowy - thats horrible, I was also told the same thing by my teacher, she really didnt like me and I didnt learn much in school because she was making us do only abstract pictures instead of learning some key important basics which I ended up having to teach myself like understanding the colour wheel and working with light and dark etc. It annoys me that I did not learn anything from art in high school :(

dograwesome - I am VERY glad you will take what i say constructively :laugh: I am very glad that you are open to learning and improving and I really encourage you to persue your artistic ability, with your abilities now, if you continue to practice and learn you will absolutely amazing in no time.

Btw in regards to books, I would HIGHLY recommend going to the link below to some free downloads of books authored by andrew loomis - an amazing artist and a brilliant teacher, his books will really assist in helping you improve :) These books have been openly available for free download by artists for artists, as his books are very rare (no longer produced) and really old you would be lucky to find an original for sale for under $100. But thankfully some of the older professional artists at conceptart.org scanned theirs to share Andrew's knowledge and expertise.

Books by Andrew Loomis

if its any book any professional artist would suggest its Andrew Loomis's books :laugh:

I hope you continue to show us your work as you go!

Thanks for that, when im back home and on my computer i will download them ;)