Lead Training Puppy...

kirst_goldens

show training again and we did much better seems her brain is kicking in bahaha got a fair amoutn of one on one time wiht the trainer as the class was just me and a rotty bitch :) trainer managed to talk me into clicker training as my marking isnt fast enough bahahahaha i hate it but its working lol so much crap to carry in my hands!!! thought u guys would love this bahaha

Get a Blackdog clicker with a wrist strap and carry your rewards in the same hand as the clicker - it makes it easier. You can click, and take the treat from that hand.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She went very well and behaved beautifully especially around all the excitable agility dogs! :thumbsup:

That's the best part about clicker training, you mark the exact behaviour you want and being a baby Golden she probably loves food and will love it :D

Great to hear you are feeling better about it all Kirst. It can be worrying when have a new pup and its not going according to the plan in your head. We work ourselves up thinking we are failing them, failing ourselves and really, its far far far from the drama we are imagining. Now you feel you are getting somewhere you can just keep on enjoying your time together.

poodle fan i think i might as my clicker is super loud as well and is too much in the kcc indoor bit - was echoing a bit haha had to muffle it with my hand lol but a string would be good :)

Turns out we need to do work with food hidden as she is now TOO food driven bahaha

Panzer Show training is on at KCC park in Skye every thursday night at 7:30 and is $11... great group and a seperate baby puppy class which is where i am hehehe

Dallas went fantastic on thursday night!!! We had an upset at the start as she was attacked by another dog but they BOTH pulled through like troupers! me and the other owner got VERY upset but the trainers and other people there were amazing and dallas is good as new :) after that she trained like a dream and we worked out a way to get her gaiting and now she is doing sooo well im soo happy with my little baby!! actually trying to learn now which is fantistic!! love my baby girl :):):)

Thanks for all ur help everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...

When we had our German shep he would try to take your whole hand off if you went to give him a treat all we did was yelp like he had hurt us and quick pull your hand away with the treat and it only took 2 days for him to realize hands are not for chewing