Found

Echo

Today I rescued a young dog from being hit by cars on the Pakenham Rd. in Cockatoo.

She is a Kelpie X

Mainly black, with white paws and a white snout.

She is wearing a grey, webbing collar, but no ID tags and after taking her to the Vet to be scanned, no microchip either.

There is a piece of black webbing lead (about 12inches) hanging off her collar, so I think she has been tied up and chewed through her lead.

I cannot keep her at my house, so have rung the ranger at Cardinia Shire and he is picking her up between 5.30pm and 6.oopm tonight.

I hope someone comes forward to claim this girl.

She is very sweet and friendly, but is a little scared as well.

I have placed this in the Lost and Found, but thought I would put it here as well.

Julie

Today I rescued a young dog from being hit by cars on the Pakenham Rd. in Cockatoo.

She is a Kelpie X

Mainly black, with white paws and a white snout.

She is wearing a grey, webbing collar, but no ID tags and after taking her to the Vet to be scanned, no microchip either.

There is a piece of black webbing lead (about 12inches) hanging off her collar, so I think she has been tied up and chewed through her lead.

I cannot keep her at my house, so have rung the ranger at Cardinia Shire and he is picking her up between 5.30pm and 6.oopm tonight.

I hope someone comes forward to claim this girl.

She is very sweet and friendly, but is a little scared as well.

I have placed this in the Lost and Found, but thought I would put it here as well.

Julie

Poor pooch i hope someone comes forward

I saw a dog about 2 weeks or so ago. It was black and I do believe I saw some white on the paws. Not sure about white on the muzzle though - is that prominent on the one you have found?

This one was snuffling in bush area but was at the front of a huuuuuuge property here in Berwick. It could have easily have come out through the fencing, but did not. Just seemed to continue to snuffle.

I would not have even seen him if it wasn't for the fact of Mandela spotting him and lurching in his direction. Mandela gets a bit excited towards other dogs and as I didn't know the other dog, it was not being supervised and it was just on dusk which meant I couldn't see it clearly to be able to read its body language, so I didn't hang around to suss him out more.

It was unusual to see a dog at that spot, although I did think it did possibly belong to the property owner.

Do you have a photo of the dog you've found? If it fits the description of the one I've seen, I will pop back to the property where I first saw it and ask if it is theirs, if you would like me to.

Edited by Erny

Hi Erny,

I didn't take any photos.

The white (from memory) was across the top of the muzzle and went up the muzzle about 2".

The ranger collected the dog last night.

I felt bad handing her over, but there was nothing else I could do.

Such a sweet dog. At first, she was a bit hesitant around me, but after a short while she came out of her shell and I became her best buddy.

Julie

I first read that as Kelpie X Cockatoo :eek::love:

Me, too!

Seriously, that's a decent thing you did to rescue her out of more traffic danger. I hope things turn out well for her.

Edited by mita